+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Husband is a Seaman

njsam88

Nov 1, 2010
Good Day!
This is to share with you the difficulty we are experiencing right now. I received email from the Embassy requiring us to submit pertinent documents including our passports for visa stamping after their considerable review and verification. I sent my passport together with the letter of explanation why I cannot submit the passport of my hubby. After two days, a personnel from CIC called me up informing that they received my mail and that I must send the passport of my husband before they can move on to the next step of the process of our application...that they will not grant any visa unless my dependent's passport is also submitted within the given 45days.
Is it possible that the Embassy would take into consideration that a seaman should always keep his passport wherever the ship will go? It's a protocol that port authorities check their legal entries with the passport always have to be available with them. The only way to make his passport available is repatriation and bridge of contract.

Please help..if you have the same case please share to me what can be best done to resolve the problem. Thank you so much.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
1. Yes, all the pps r required at the same time, 'coz each visa is linked to one another. They have to printed at one go.
2. Yes, CIC understands the precarious situation such cases go thru... so your visa/s would be delayed but NOT cancelled/rejected.
3. Write an explanation letter to your VO (same matter as u posted here) & give-out a tentative timeframe by which his pp could be sent.
4. If the delay (in sending his pp) is enormous (& u cannot do w/out your pps), ask for returning your pps as well.
5. CIC would comply/accept & give u a new PPR date.

Good Luck!

Qorax

nymphche

Apr 2, 2015
Hi good day!!! I would like to seek an advice from you coz i read your mssg.here in the forum. Im experiencing the same situation as what u had experience. My husband is also a seaman..cic were asking now for his pp. I couldnt give it by now coz he's in the sea? Can u give me a little advice on what to do??please??
Thank u..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nymphche said:
Hi good day!!! I would like to seek an advice from you coz i read your mssg.here in the forum. Im experiencing the same situation as what u had experience. My husband is also a seaman..cic were asking now for his pp. I couldnt give it by now coz he's in the sea? Can u give me a little advice on what to do??please??
Thank u..
Has CIC said they are ready to issue your visas? Sooner or later you will have to provided CIC with his passport to complete the process. How soon can he provide his passport?

nymphche

Apr 2, 2015
Has CIC said they are ready to issue your visas? Sooner or later you will have to provided CIC with his passport to complete the process. How soon can he provide his passport.

I am now on the last phase..their asking for my visa and my dependents visa also. My agony is my husband is still on board right now but they just gave me 30days to finish this. Are they giving extension for it??thank you.

nymphche

Apr 2, 2015
am now on the last phase..their asking for my visa and my dependents visa also. My agony is my husband is still on board right now but cic just gave me 30days to finish this. Are they giving extension for it??thank you. My husband will finish his contract next year but i asked him to disembark asap.