+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent does not land in Canada

Winterishere1

Aug 12, 2019
I have received COPR and submitted the passport for stamping and yet to receive it.

My Wife dependent is pregnant now and i doubt if she can travel before the September 2020( 1 year from medical)

What would happen if I (primary applicant) alone lands and spouse doesn't land.

Will both of us get PR?
(If no)
Will Primary applicant alone receive PR ?
(or)
Is there any chance to extend the first landing of dependent?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You both have to land for PR so if only you land only you will get PR.

If you receive your COPRs soon is there a medical reason why your wife cannot complete a soft landing if she is not due until September ?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
inform cic about the pregnancy. they will tell you the next steps. usually they will ask you to wait till after delivery and send additional documentation for the baby and all 3 will get new visas.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
inform cic about the pregnancy. they will tell you the next steps. usually they will ask you to wait till after delivery and send additional documentation for the baby and all 3 will get new visas.
Depending on when the child is due, chances of being granted an extension are lower if there is more than enough time to land and qualify for provincial health coverage.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have received COPR and submitted the passport for stamping and yet to receive it.

My Wife dependent is pregnant now and i doubt if she can travel before the September 2020( 1 year from medical)

What would happen if I (primary applicant) alone lands and spouse doesn't land.

Will both of us get PR?
(If no)
Will Primary applicant alone receive PR ?
(or)
Is there any chance to extend the first landing of dependent?
When is she actually due?