+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dependent child - Urgent

KaunaSiya

Apr 25, 2015
Hi guys,

I am sponsoring my son who is 13 turning 14 this year his dad died when he was 2 years old. I got this email about form 5669 that needs to be submitted, WHO is doing the declaration is it me ( am a PR holder) or my son who is 13 years old?

We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will continue to hold the associated Application for Permanent Residence awaiting the submission of a completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM5669). A request has or will be sent directly to the principal applicant with instructions outlining the requirements for submission of the Schedule A to CPC-Mississauga. If your principal applicant or their representative has not yet received this request, or an invitation to link their application to My CIC, it will be sent in the next 5 business days. Your PA or their representative should also check their junk mail in the email account provided at the time of application submission. Separate Schedule A forms, bearing signatures, must be completed by the applicant, and by all dependent family members 18 years of age or older (whether accompanying or not). Upon receipt of the completed Schedule A form(s), the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; a confirmation letter will be sent to you when the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected. To re-iterate, the completed Schedule A form(s) must be received at this office within 30 days of the original request that was sent to your sponsored family member(s) (or their representative).

Reminder – Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support

The undertaking you signed is an unconditional promise to financially support and provide basic requirements for your sponsored relative(s). This undertaking is not broken by such changes as the granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation, relationship breakdown, moving to another province, or a change in your financial situation. Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as your sponsored relative and, if applicable, their accompanying family members become permanent residents of Canada. This undertaking cannot be cancelled once permanent resident visas are issued to them.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Thats confusing. But I'm sure there are many who have applied here so, will be able to help you out.

My understanding was,
As in the CIC guide, (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#forms)
Schedule A document is under the "The person being sponsored must fill out and sign these forms" section.
Similarly in the application package page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp), it is under the section "For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):"

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
And just now looked into the Schedule A document (IMM5669).
The beginning of the document reads "The Principal applicant, his/her spouse....... should complete this form."
So, in your case, if you were sponsoring your son, then your son is the principal applicant and hence he should be filling the application.

And as it is the norm, you will sign on his behalf, as he is under 18.

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
You are the Sponsor. Your son is the Principal Applicant

crbrown

May 13, 2017
Hi there. I just received the exact same letter as original poster. I'm a Canadian citizen, sponsoring my daughter, who is 1 years old. I'm confused though because in the online guide it says Schedule A only needs to be filled out if PA is over 18. Presumably they will send a follow-up request for the Schedule A if required? However I also wouldn't be surprised if it was just a "template letter" that they send to all approved sponsors, even if not totally relevant.

KaunaSiya, did you receive any follow up request yet? I'll post here if I hear anything further from IRCC. Thanks!

crbrown

May 13, 2017
Hi there. I just received the exact same letter as original poster. I'm a Canadian citizen, sponsoring my daughter, who is 1 years old. I'm confused though because in the online guide it says Schedule A only needs to be filled out if PA is over 18. Presumably they will send a follow-up request for the Schedule A if required? However I also wouldn't be surprised if it was just a "template letter" that they send to all approved sponsors, even if not totally relevant.

KaunaSiya, did you receive any follow up request yet? I'll post here if I hear anything further from IRCC. Thanks!
Follow up: Today I received letter notifying they had forwarded application to the visa office in Singapore, so can confirm that no Sch A was required. It was just a template letter.

KaunaSiya

Apr 25, 2015
Follow up: Today I received letter notifying they had forwarded application to the visa office in Singapore, so can confirm that no Sch A was required. It was just a template letter.
Yes i also got an email saying they forwarded his application...

KaunaSiya

Apr 25, 2015

I got an email saying they forwarded to the Visaa office in another country, so i am wondering if i still need to submit or wait... very confusing.

crbrown

May 13, 2017
I got an email saying they forwarded to the Visaa office in another country, so i am wondering if i still need to submit or wait... very confusing.
Yep I got the same email. Here's my understanding: In the previous letter that discussed the Sch A, it said the following two sentences:
"The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will continue to hold the associated Application for
Permanent Residence awaiting the submission of a completed Schedule A Background Declaration
form (IMM5669)."

and
"Upon receipt of the completed Schedule A form(s), the Application for Permanent Residence for your
relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for processing."

So, seeing as they have already sent both of our applications to the respective visa offices for processing, I am guessing that they do not require the Sch A (otherwise they would have held the applications and not have forwarded to the visa office).

Not 100% sure, but that's my current understanding.