+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child sponsorship

karan8625

Sep 30, 2021
Hi,

I recently submitted sponsorship application for my dependent infant. Can someone, provide the tentative timelines for AOR receipt timeframe and final approval?

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018
Hi,

I recently submitted sponsorship application for my dependent infant. Can someone, provide the tentative timelines for AOR receipt timeframe and final approval?
Hi, I have also applied recently for our infant child. Have you got any update?

canforever

Feb 21, 2023
I've noticed a strange pattern in my emails. Initially, I received a request for basic information, and after responding to the email from IRCC, I was granted access to the PR portal.

On the portal, I updated my mailing address and uploaded a photo of my child. However, now I've received yet another email from the Virtual Landing Unit, requesting the same basic information. Is this standard procedure or should I be concerned?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've noticed a strange pattern in my emails. Initially, I received a request for basic information, and after responding to the email from IRCC, I was granted access to the PR portal.

On the portal, I updated my mailing address and uploaded a photo of my child. However, now I've received yet another email from the Virtual Landing Unit, requesting the same basic information. Is this standard procedure or should I be concerned?
Often there are duplicate requests. Would just send in the information again. It is poor communication and-glitches in the computer system.

canforever

Feb 21, 2023
Thank you for your message. It's concerning to see duplicate emails coming from them. Furthermore, the grammar and structure of the letter seem convoluted and difficult to interpret. For instance, the email says "hit reply".

It would be beneficial if they optimize this part of the process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your message. It's concerning to see duplicate emails coming from them. Furthermore, the grammar and structure of the letter seem convoluted and difficult to interpret. For instance, the email says "hit reply".

It would be beneficial if they optimize this part of the process.
Impossible to comment on whether “hit reply” is inappropriate but could used interchangeably with “press reply” in Canada. The system has its hiccups but asking for people to submit information multiple times may also partially be on purpose because people often don’t submit accurate information. Would submit the information again and move on to ensure there are no delays in processing

Reactions: canforever
Mar 9, 2021
Hello friends,
my husband applied to sponsor his adult son's PR on Jan 22, 2024. On Feb 16, 2024 my husband got an AOR email. On March 5th, 2024 we got a request for biometrics.
My stepson was part of our PR application in 2015 and has his own UCI#. He applied for IEC in 2022 and got his work permit which has now expired. He did his biometrics for that IEC work visa, his biometrics validity is until 3032. We have sent the biometrics validity letter to IRCC via webform. We are awaiting their response but it usually takes a few days. My question is, has anyone else needed to do second biometrics? Would the biometrics and background check be accepted since they had to do it for his work visa in 2022? Do they request separate biometrics every time you apply for a visa, PR etc?

Thank you kindly,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Would the biometrics and background check be accepted since they had to do it for his work visa in 2022? Do they request separate biometrics every time you apply for a visa, PR etc?
He will have to do biometrics again. This is required for all PR applicants, even if they had them before.

This requirement was suspended for a while during covid but now reinstated.

"If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent residence applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid."
Thats' from here: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

You have to go through a few steps to get to this text (it would be easier if it was listed up front) but it's there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello friends,
my husband applied to sponsor his adult son's PR on Jan 22, 2024. On Feb 16, 2024 my husband got an AOR email. On March 5th, 2024 we got a request for biometrics.
My stepson was part of our PR application in 2015 and has his own UCI#. He applied for IEC in 2022 and got his work permit which has now expired. He did his biometrics for that IEC work visa, his biometrics validity is until 3032. We have sent the biometrics validity letter to IRCC via webform. We are awaiting their response but it usually takes a few days. My question is, has anyone else needed to do second biometrics? Would the biometrics and background check be accepted since they had to do it for his work visa in 2022? Do they request separate biometrics every time you apply for a visa, PR etc?

Thank you kindly,
Assume your stepson is under 22 now and was listed as unaccompanying in the original PR application. Given that he applied for IEC first and at least one year has passed since then just clarifying that he is under 22. Fairly unusual for a child to apply for IEC when PR is an option.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Assume your stepson is under 22 now and was listed as unaccompanying in the original PR application. Given that he applied for IEC first and at least one year has passed since then just clarifying that he is under 22. Fairly unusual for a child to apply for IEC when PR is an option.
Step son just turned 21 according to another post.

Mar 9, 2021
Yes, he wasn't sure if we would like to live in Canada permanently so we gave him the option of coming and working here for 2 years first as IEC. He came and loved working here and we started the sponsorship process. Unfortunately, due to his passport expiry date his visa was for less than 24 months as it just expired so he is currently on a visitor status and not working while they are processing his PR.

As an update, he got an email asking for medicals without the new biometrics. We are waiting to see what their decision on biometrics is because we had asked them the same question as I asked here on the forum, if we needed to do the biometrics again. He got the request for medicals after we sent a webform asking about the biometrics.

He is turning 22 in Oct but was part of our application in 2015.

I'll keep you updated.