+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child sponsorship

karan8625

Sep 30, 2021
Can someone pls suggest for sponsoring dependent child do we need to upload sponsor photo along with child photo or all family member photos are required to be uploaded. Please suggest

karan8625

Sep 30, 2021
Instructions says "Can someone pls suggest for sponsoring dependent child do we need to upload sponsor photo along with child photo or all family member photos are required to be uploaded. Please suggest ". I am only sponsoring my one dependent child. Questions pertains does my photo along with child should suffice or we need to upload all family members. I am only the sponsor. Please suggest

karan8625

Sep 30, 2021
Can we avail childcare benefit for sponsor child whose application to sponsor is in progress? Will it have any impact. Please suggest

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can we avail childcare benefit for sponsor child whose application to sponsor is in progress? Will it have any impact. Please suggest
You can apply if eligible. Assume you are a resident for tax purposes as you need to file with CRA to be eligible.

karan8625

Sep 30, 2021
Thank You. Also, one additional question, can you please suggest if my photo along with infant child (being sponsored) needs to be uploaded or all family members mentioned in application photos are required to be uploaded. Pls suggest.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank You. Also, one additional question, can you please suggest if my photo along with infant child (being sponsored) needs to be uploaded or all family members mentioned in application photos are required to be uploaded. Pls suggest.
Only photo of the child being sponsored. If there are concerns about whether the child is yours a DNA test is ordered as proof not photos of you all as a family. Sponsorship will take 5-12+ months. If the child is in Canada with you you likely qualify for child benefit. The child will need to obtain a TRV and if denied a TRP can be attempted. The parent sponsoring should be compliant with their RO and needs to be in Canada.

karan8625

Sep 30, 2021
Only photo of the child being sponsored. If there are concerns about whether the child is yours a DNA test is ordered as proof not photos of you all as a family. Sponsorship will take 5-12+ months. If the child is in Canada with you you likely qualify for child benefit. The child will need to obtain a TRV and if denied a TRP can be attempted. The parent sponsoring should be compliant with their RO and needs to be in Canada.
Thank You sir! Do you mind asking me what is TRV?

karan8625

Sep 30, 2021
One last thing if anyone can suggest. Does minor child US born living in Canada who undergoes sponsorship require to give biometrics. Please suggest