+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child sponsorship

harrydarwen

Oct 18, 2022
I'm an inland applicant and currently in Canada my dependent who Speed Test was included in the same PR application lives outside Canada. I got my COPR yesterday and portal invite to confirm my PR but I've received nothing in regard to the dependent after her medicals were updated as completed, I replied to their email yesterday and stated my accompanying dependent is outside Canada.

Last edited:

Jealously1314

Nov 11, 2022
I want to know what’s next for my sponsorship too. It has been 8 months of sponsoring my child.

March 11 2022: Submitted application
March 13 2022 IRCC received
June 23 2022 AOR received
Nov 2 2022 Medical exam Request
Nov 2 2022 Medical exam done
Nov 2 2022 Received approved letter eligibility of Sponsor and said will forward my my application to the Visa Office in Sydney NS

Anyone know what’s the next stage after receiving the eligibility letter? Approximately how long will know PR confirm?

many thanks in advance

SirK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I got a request letter:

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results
November 1, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview -You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background - Background check
Not applicable.
Final decision - Final decision. Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

kian55

Sep 15, 2022
I want to know what’s next for my sponsorship too. It has been 8 months of sponsoring my child.

Nov 2 2022 Received approved letter eligibility of Sponsor and said will forward my my application to the Visa Office in Sydney NS

Anyone know what’s the next stage after receiving the eligibility letter? Approximately how long will know PR confirm?

many thanks in advance
I think processing time depends on where the child currently lives. As of today November 12, 2022, estimated is 16 months for dependents living in India, 13 months in Philippines, "No processing time estimate is available in Canada, US, United Kingdom and other countries..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

After medical done and received, I believe the next step would be background check if needed, then Decision Made ( or to be made), the PPR or Passport Request for visa stamping.

[QUOTE="Jealously1314, post: 10270007, member: 1111732"

many thanks in advance
[/QUOTE]