+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship Status Changes Query

fat0024

Mar 5, 2023
Dear forum members,

I recently applied for sponsoring my child from within Canada.

I received few communications recently from IRCC, which stated:
* sponsorship eligibility has been completed (Feb 15)
* request to complete medical examination for the child (Feb 21)

By reading through various forum posts, I realise that the next status updates are in the flow: medical accepted?, medical passed?, and finally PPR/or pre arrival process.

My query is that, I had completed the medical for my child on (Feb 28) - the reports were submitted by the clinic on Mar 1 - but unfortunately, I haven't received any communication stating that the medicals have been received. Can anyone confirm what the next steps and how they are communicated. Do I receive any communication in relation to medical report received or it is straight medical passed? Just worried that the results got lost somewhere in the web.

My child's timeline:
> Dec 12 - Application submitted
> Feb 8 - AOR
> Feb 15 - Eligibility status has been updated to Completed
> Feb 21 - Medical request
> Feb 28 - Medical completed
> Mar 1 - Medical submitted by clinic (no ack yet by IRCC)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My query is that, I had completed the medical for my child on (Feb 28) - the reports were submitted by the clinic on Mar 1 - but unfortunately, I haven't received any communication stating that the medicals have been received. Can anyone confirm what the next steps and how they are communicated. Do I receive any communication in relation to medical report received or it is straight medical passed? Just worried that the results got lost somewhere in the web.
You won't get any acknowledgement. It will get updated in gckey/portal eventually.

It was just a few days ago. Nothing in IRCC happens that quickly. Give it time. Up to a month will be normal, and probably before that. It's rather rare there are issues for dependent medicals, as there are few grounds on which it could be denied.

Reactions: fat0024

fat0024

Mar 5, 2023
@armoured Thanks so much for your response earlier. It appears that Principal Applicant and Sponsor both get their own individual tracker portal.

I randomly decided to create a Principal Applicant (for my child) tracker portal, and it had all details updated i.e., status updates related to medicals. Previously, I was looking in my tracker - me being the sponsor which did not had any updates post sponsor eligibility approval.

Principal Applicant (My child)
> Mar 2: Medical exam status has been updated to Completed
> Mar 2: Eligibility Started - In progress

Sponsor Tracker Status
> Feb 8 - AOR

I was totally unaware that two separate trackers exist for PA and Sponsor. Hopefully, this information will be useful for other applicants.

Is the next step PPR?

Reactions: armoured

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
@armoured Thanks so much for your response earlier. It appears that Principal Applicant and Sponsor both get their own individual tracker portal.

I randomly decided to create a Principal Applicant (for my child) tracker portal, and it had all details updated i.e., status updates related to medicals. Previously, I was looking in my tracker - me being the sponsor which did not had any updates post sponsor eligibility approval.

Sponsor Tracker Status
> Feb 8 - AOR

I was totally unaware that two separate trackers exist for PA and Sponsor. Hopefully, this information will be useful for other applicants.

Is the next step PPR?
Hi - I had no idea there were 2 places to track the application. Thanks for sharing that. I have been only tracking principal applicant. Seems like that is where most updates will be after medicals? Not sure how to add this to my application portal. Not able to do so.

My medical passed message was on 17th Feb. Since then, no update. It says "reviewing eligibility criteria"

Thanks.

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018

Sponsor Tracker Status
> Feb 8 - AOR

Is the next step PPR?
Hi,
May I know, how can creat/ access to these tracker portals as I have received AOR on my child’s sponsor application.
Thanks.