+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child sponsorship from Inland

mirriyazali

Aug 14, 2017
Hi,
I have moved to Canada couple of weeks back with family on PR. Me, my wife & son have a PR. However my daughter who is around 3 yrs old came along with us on Visit Visa.
Her Visa expires in end of 2018. Now I want to apply for her immigration as dependent child while she is still inside Canada. I'm new here without any job. So my questions are as follows;
1. Can I apply for her immigration while she is inside Canada with me?
2. Can she stay with me until her file gets approved (meaning more than 6 months) on her Visit Visa?
3. What should I write in the questions asking my income & company where I work, as I don't have any job yet?
Any help in this regard will be appreciated.
Thanks
ciao.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I have moved to Canada couple of weeks back with family on PR. Me, my wife & son have a PR. However my daughter who is around 3 yrs old came along with us on Visit Visa.
Her Visa expires in end of 2018. Now I want to apply for her immigration as dependent child while she is still inside Canada. I'm new here without any job. So my questions are as follows;
1. Can I apply for her immigration while she is inside Canada with me?
2. Can she stay with me until her file gets approved (meaning more than 6 months) on her Visit Visa?
3. What should I write in the questions asking my income & company where I work, as I don't have any job yet?
Any help in this regard will be appreciated.
Thanks
ciao.
Hi

Do you meet the PR Residency Obligation?

1. You can sponsor her while she is in Canada but it will be an outland application. There is no inland option for dependent children.

2. Applying for PR does not grant her status. You will need to extend her visitor status while the PR app processes.

3. You need to write the truth. You will need to submit other documentation for your finances.

mirriyazali

Aug 14, 2017
Thank you very much for the response, appreciate if you could clear a bit further.

Hi

Yes we still have a few months more than 2 yrs

1. You can sponsor her while she is in Canada but it will be an outland application. There is no inland option for dependent children.
But she can stay with us or she has to go out once her application process starts??

2. Applying for PR does not grant her status. You will need to extend her visitor status while the PR app processes.
Do you mean she has to leave after 6 months stay even though her visitor visa does not expire

3. You need to write the truth. You will need to submit other documentation for your finances.
Can I attach official bank account balance sheet as savings proof. And once I get a job update them about this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much for the response, appreciate if you could clear a bit further.

Hi

Yes we still have a few months more than 2 yrs

But she can stay with us or she has to go out once her application process starts??

Do you mean she has to leave after 6 months stay even though her visitor visa does not expire

Can I attach official bank account balance sheet as savings proof. And once I get a job update them about this.
1. As I said, you can sponsor her while she is in Canada.

2. As I said, you will need to extend her visitor status. A TRV has nothing to do with status in Canada. Status is granted by the CBSA officer upon entry.

3. Yes, submit your bank statements and a letter of explanation about how you will support yourselves.