+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Both me and my wife are Canada PR residing in Canada. Child born in India - Here on Visitor visa. Applied for sponsorship from within Canada on the online portal.
Timeline -
1. Applied for PR - 17Mar '23
2. Sent back - 28Apr '23 - Parent needs to sign for minor child
3. Resubmitted - 29Apr '23
4. Sent Back - 7Jun '23 - Parent needs to sign for minor child (Yeah - I know how this makes us look :/)
5. Resubmitted - 11Jun '23

Awaiting AOR

2 Questions/Help sought -

1. Been 3months+ since submitting the last application - No AOR yet - Is it something to worry about? Does the AOR mail contain the words AOR?

2. Maybe outside the scope of this thread - But I'll still risk it. Child's visitor visa has expired. We applied for a Visitor Record on 11July '23. No updates at all on that application. Any idea how long it takes?
The IRCC website (as I understand it) says till there is a decision on the Visitor Record application, the person can continue to stay in Canada. Anything that we need to worry about?
1. AOR will say something like IRCC received your application on this date and application file # will be provided.

2. Did you apply for extension for visitor before the child’s visitor status expired?

sohney

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Hi All,

Creating this thread to discuss/track the Dependent child sponsorship status who applied in 2023.

Application Submitted - March 21, 2023.
Hi can you please send me application kit link . I am applying for dependent under 17

san777das

Sep 30, 2022
Update: PPR request was received on July 26.

Whole case timeline:
Mar. 24, application received
May 24, AOR
Jun. 6, Medical request
Jun. 26, Medical completed
July 20, Eligibility completed
July 26, PPR

Question - as of now, I received from VFS notice that the visa has been issued and the passport is being mailed back. I checked the Permanent Residence Portal for the PA (my child) and Sponsor (myself), the status both show as 'closed'. However, in the PA's portal, the background is still showing as 'In process'. Is this normal? I have not heard anything on COPR. Is it supposed to be in the same mail with the passport? Or, is it going to be an e-COPR that will be delivered to me through another email? Thank you all for your guidance!

Were you able to create online tracking account for your child as well? Did you get a separate AOR with different UCI number for your child?

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018
Hello folks,
Any idea, how long usually it takes for the sponsorship application to conclude once the medical is completed for the child outside Canada.
Thanks in advance.

CA_Immigration_Noob

May 18, 2018
1. AOR will say something like IRCC received your application on this date and application file # will be provided.

Thanks! Will look out for this. No change in status as of now.
Any way of enquiring with the IRCC on this? OR forcing them to expedite? Like we had the webform for somethings?

2. Did you apply for extension for visitor before the child’s visitor status expired?
Yes. You are required to apply at least 30 days before the date stay basis TRV ends. We applied 45 days before.
No response from IRCC on this as well

May 5, 2013
Hello Guys, I am planning to lodge my minor dependent child application this month. I'm quite confused if i should create his own PR portal or i can use my PR portal to submit his application. Please advise. Thank you.

May 5, 2013

Hello, did you create a pr portal for your sponsoring child? or use your own pr portal?