+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
It's been many days since Sponsorship Eligibility Approval, and I didn't receive any updates. Usually in a day or 2, we get medicals right? Do medicals not needed for infants?
Application Returned - May 3, 2023. (for the dependent child - need to sign by a parent)
Application Resubmitted - May 3, 2023.
received the acknowledgement that my sponsorship application is received - Jun 6, 2023.
Sponsorship Eligibility Approval - July 13, 2023.

No update from July 13, 2023. Is it common? what's the next step and how long will it take any idea?

Thanks,

ATR_JUN23

Aug 18, 2023
Hi All,

i have submitted PR outland for dependent child on June 7th still No AOR Yet, anyone also in similar timings?

please let me know approx time line for AOR.

Thanks,
ATR

NoraS

Apr 6, 2021
Hi I got approved for sponsorship for myself and my son. I had my other son in April 2022 and applied for him to be added as a dependent but have still not heard back.
How long does it usually take and do you submit the documents through the web form or somewhere else?
Also what do you submit? I was told it was the IMM1344 and birth certificate. Is there anything else?

canadalyf

Jun 5, 2023
Hi! Wanted to share the next steps in the dependent PR processing journey. Good luck to all of you eagerly waiting to get your dependent's PR!

Update on Dependent child sponsorship (child (1.5 years old) living in Canada):
  1. PR Application submitted online - March 30, 2023
  2. AOR - May 13, 2023
  3. Sponsor Eligibility approval - June 12, 2023
  4. Medical Exam Instructions email - June 14, 2023
  5. Medical Exam status updated to completed - June 26, 2023
  6. Eligibility status updated to Complete - August 8, 2023
  7. PR Confirmation portal process email received - August 9, 2023
  8. PR Confirmation Portal new case created email update - August 15, 2023
  9. PR Confirmation case has been successfully submitted email update - August 15, 2023
  10. eCoPR Available for Download & Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada! email u[dates received - August 21, 2023

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Hi! Wanted to share the next steps in the dependent PR processing journey. Good luck to all of you eagerly waiting to get your dependent's PR!

Update on Dependent child sponsorship (child (1.5 years old) living in Canada):
  1. PR Application submitted online - March 30, 2023
  2. AOR - May 13, 2023
  3. Sponsor Eligibility approval - June 12, 2023
  4. Medical Exam Instructions email - June 14, 2023
  5. Medical Exam status updated to completed - June 26, 2023
  6. Eligibility status updated to Complete - August 8, 2023
  7. PR Confirmation portal process email received - August 9, 2023
  8. PR Confirmation Portal new case created email update - August 15, 2023
  9. PR Confirmation case has been successfully submitted email update - August 15, 2023
  10. eCoPR Available for Download & Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada! email u[dates received - August 21, 2023
Congrats, I applied for child outside Canada, and there is no change in my application from Jul11,2023.

Jul 11, 2023
Activity status updated: Eligibility
Eligibility
Eligibility status has been updated to Completed

Is it something expected?

ATR_JUN23

Aug 18, 2023
Congrats, I applied for child outside Canada, and there is no change in my application from Jul11,2023.

Jul 11, 2023
Eligibility

Where did you checked the status?

mahsak

Aug 9, 2023
Hi All,

i have submitted PR outland for dependent child on June 7th still No AOR Yet, anyone also in similar timings?

please let me know approx time line for AOR.

Thanks,
ATR
did u get anyupdate ? i applied july 4 and still waiting

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018

Jul 11, 2023
Eligibility

Hi,
I had the same status as yours since 8th of July, but thankfully yesterday I have received an email for medical test.
Hopefully, you will also receive the same in a day or two.
Cheers!

Jun 6, 2023
Hello guys,

We have received the aor for the undeclared dependents. Question: in gckey it state there that background check is not applicable, but still greyed out, anyone know what does it mean? Kids ages 8 and 10

Toluwani2023

Sep 8, 2023
Hi
I and my wife are PR but our daughters was born in UK early dis year
She is 6 months old now

we submitted PR application under family sponsorship but it was returned last month Bcs of form Imm5406

addition family information
ASSISTANCE REQUIRED : will the information of the siblings and the parents who are already PR be filled

thanks

pfrazillio

Aug 22, 2021
Hello everyone! Please find the details for my apllication below:

Application inside Canada for Dependent child sponsorship. Child 5 months old born out of Canada but currently living in Canada:
  1. PR Application submitted online - September 7, 2023
  2. AOR - Waiting…

pfrazillio

Aug 22, 2021
Hi
I and my wife are PR but our daughters was born in UK early dis year
She is 6 months old now

we submitted PR application under family sponsorship but it was returned last month Bcs of form Imm5406

addition family information
ASSISTANCE REQUIRED : will the information of the siblings and the parents who are already PR be filled

thanks
I am in a similar situation as you. Both parents PR but child was born out of Canada. Questions:

- When filling the application online, you didnt filled the Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form?

- Are you apolying from inside Canada or outside Canada?

- When you say application “it was returned”, does that mean they cancelled/rejected your application and you had to submit a new one OR they kelt the same application but asked for extra documents in order to continue processing it?

Thanks!

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I applied PR for my dependent child as outland, as she is staying in India, my VO assigned is DELHI, now she moved back to the USA on Sept 19th and on the same I got medical instructions mail.

Do I need to submit a form about the change of location for my child and can I submit the medical exam that is taken in the USA?

Please advice

Thanks,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do I need to submit a form about the change of location for my child and can I submit the medical exam that is taken in the USA?
-If the child will stay in USA, yes, makes sense to do a change of address (can be done through webform).
-Yes, medical and all that other stuff can be done from USA or anywhere really.

CA_Immigration_Noob

May 18, 2018
Both me and my wife are Canada PR residing in Canada. Child born in India - Here on Visitor visa. Applied for sponsorship from within Canada on the online portal.
Timeline -
1. Applied for PR - 17Mar '23
2. Sent back - 28Apr '23 - Parent needs to sign for minor child
3. Resubmitted - 29Apr '23
4. Sent Back - 7Jun '23 - Parent needs to sign for minor child (Yeah - I know how this makes us look :/)
5. Resubmitted - 11Jun '23

Awaiting AOR

2 Questions/Help sought -

1. Been 3months+ since submitting the last application - No AOR yet - Is it something to worry about? Does the AOR mail contain the words AOR?

2. Maybe outside the scope of this thread - But I'll still risk it. Child's visitor visa has expired. We applied for a Visitor Record on 11July '23. No updates at all on that application. Any idea how long it takes?
The IRCC website (as I understand it) says till there is a decision on the Visitor Record application, the person can continue to stay in Canada. Anything that we need to worry about?