+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponorship - 2024 - Queries before applying

shafee786

Mar 14, 2024
I and my wife are Canadian PR and we had a baby outside Canada last year. I came to Canada but my wife and my baby are still in India. I initiated PR for my child after coming to Canada. while filing out the forms , i came across few questions which i need clarifications
  1. In IMM 1344, should i need to include my wife as a cosigner though she is currently in India and she is accompanying my child once my child got the PR ?
  2. If am giving her as a cosigner , then in the cosigner eligibility, it is asking Do you reside in Canada and no in no other country ?. For this question, whether i need to answer yes or no ?
  3. If am not including as a cosigner, then in the IMM5534 Section 6, it is asking to provide a document IMM 5604. Should I need to submit this form although my is accompanying my child once my child got PR ? . Basically, this form we need to submit if the other parent is separated and no objection in the child immigrating right ?. So am confused in this question
  4. If am not submitting the IMM 5604, and am providing the LETTER OF EXPLANATION stating that my wife is a PR and she will be accompanying my child, will that work ?
  5. As I the parent is the sponsor of my child, should i need to submit the IMM5476(USE OF REPRESENTATIVE) form ?
  6. One final question, which process will be quick, by applying TRV or TRP for my child and after he came here , applying inland PR is good or directly applying PR is good ?

Please, kindly help in answering the above questions. I would really need your help guys in proceeding further