+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dependent child, pls advise...

chie-chie

Mar 23, 2009
im here again to seek some advise regarding my daughter who is 6 year old now...

my husband and I are just are confused on how are we going to bring with us my daughter as we are completing our documents for the sponsorship..My baby is his step-daughter. What documents are we going to present/submit? We don't have any communication of my baby's real dad, its been 6 years already.. Do i really need to look for his father for the consent on bringing my baby with us?

hope u guys could help me with this situation...thanks again..=)

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
That depends on the custody documentation you have for your daughter. If her biological father is listed on her birth certificate and you don't have a custody document from a court giving you sole legal and physical custody of her (in other words, if he has "rights" to her . . . even just visitation rights granted by a court) you will have to submit documentation of his consent for the child to immigrate. Your thread sounds a little bit like the guy hasn't been around for the past six years? If that's the case, and you don't have sole custody documentation already, maybe you can petition the Court for that based on abandonment. I don't know - it depends on the laws in your country. But CIC will not issue her a visa without his consent if he has legal rights to her. In fact, you probably would not even be able to get her across international borders without his authorization to travel if you don't have sole custody documentation.