+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child from Philippines timeline

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hello everyone. My wife submitted her sponsorship application for her dependent children in the Philippines on June 4th 2021. We just received AOR1 on July 3rd so just 1 month. (pretty fast)
Hoping others can share their dependent child sponsorship timeline from Philippines.
Also looking for recommendations as to what physician is best in Davao to do the medical exam.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Good luck to you, Manila office is very slow.
We got our AOR1 within a month of applying and when my wife’s file moved to Manila, it basically stopped processing.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
What is your timeline? Im assuming its a spousal sponsorship?
Applied for spouse for my wife and her non accompanying daughter in December 2019. Got SA approval, medical and biometrics done in February 2020. Then no movement for a whole year.
In 2021 February, we got pre arrival letter and PFL.
We just received a request to re do medical because medical expired. If we are lucky maybe she can come to Canada before Christmas of this year…

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Wow crazy how slow they can be. so u got pre arrival and PFL at the same time? yes fingers crossed for a speedy process

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Wow crazy how slow they can be. so u got pre arrival and PFL at the same time? yes fingers crossed for a speedy process
yes i got pre arrival and PFL at the same time.
Everything is so slow in Philippines… my wife book medical tests and earliest appointment is early august. More waiting yay

Katrina12345

Mar 26, 2019
Hi! Any update on your papers? Can you share your timeline for sponsoring your dependent? I just submitted my application last sunday. Hope everything will be smooth

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hi! Any update on your papers? Can you share your timeline for sponsoring your dependent? I just submitted my application last sunday. Hope everything will be smooth
hi, considering everything going on IRCC was quite fast with AOR, medical requests and biometrics all within 5 weeks or so. this was in july 2021. The children didnt have passports at the time we submitted the sponsorship and getting them passports in the philippines was a long and painful task which ended up delaying them to do their medicals and biometrics (bescause they couldnt do them without passports). they just completed their medicals on 27th november and 1 of them will be doing the biometrics in 2 days.

Aprox timeline

File submitted May 30th 2021
AOR Jul 2021
biometrics, medical requests and pre-arrival all in august 2021
Nov 2021 medicals completed and awaiting for ECAS to update with "medical results have been received" IRCC seems to be on the ball with dependant children sponsorships. you shouldnt have any issues. keep me posted!

lanemarquez

Jan 18, 2019
hello,

I would like to sponsor my husband and my daughter po as well. If I will submit the application po this December. Is it possible po na dumating din ba ung medical request agad after 2-3 months? And my period po ba ang medical na dapat within a month kelangan mo agad magawa? salamat

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
hello,

I would like to sponsor my husband and my daughter po as well. If I will submit the application po this December. Is it possible po na dumating din ba ung medical request agad after 2-3 months? And my period po ba ang medical na dapat within a month kelangan mo agad magawa? salamat
I wanted to help..

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
hi, considering everything going on IRCC was quite fast with AOR, medical requests and biometrics all within 5 weeks or so. this was in july 2021. The children didnt have passports at the time we submitted the sponsorship and getting them passports in the philippines was a long and painful task which ended up delaying them to do their medicals and biometrics (bescause they couldnt do them without passports). they just completed their medicals on 27th november and 1 of them will be doing the biometrics in 2 days.

Aprox timeline

File submitted May 30th 2021
AOR Jul 2021
biometrics, medical requests and pre-arrival all in august 2021
Nov 2021 medicals completed and awaiting for ECAS to update with "medical results have been received" IRCC seems to be on the ball with dependant children sponsorships. you shouldnt have any issues. keep me posted!
DM and PPR today!! :)

basyaq

Jan 7, 2019
Hello everyone. My wife submitted her sponsorship application for her dependent children in the Philippines on June 4th 2021. We just received AOR1 on July 3rd so just 1 month. (pretty fast)
Hoping others can share their dependent child sponsorship timeline from Philippines.
Also looking for recommendations as to what physician is best in Davao to do the medical exam.
Thanks in advance!

kian55

Sep 15, 2022
Hello, just wondering how your application is progressing. Our application was submitted early August 2022 and medical results received first week of Nov 2022. Waiting for PPR now. How many months did it take for your application to go from submission of application to getting DM/PPR? Thank you for your attention.