+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child born outside Canada

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
Dear All,

I and my wife are both PRs of Canada as of Nov2019. We had landed and left to India shortly after, hoping to return permanently in Mar 2020 which didn't work out due to COVID.
I moved back to Canada in Oct 2020 leaving behind my wife as she was in 8th month of pregnancy at that time and couldn't travel. We got a baby in India in Dec 2020.

What are my options to bring the baby to Canada ASAP. (My wife is also in India now and won't come to Canada without the baby)
Should I apply for TRV first and then start with Dependent Child sponsorship?
Could you please guide me on how to approach the situation?

Thanks,
DivX

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear All,

I and my wife are both PRs of Canada as of Nov2019. We had landed and left to India shortly after, hoping to return permanently in Mar 2020 which didn't work out due to COVID.
I moved back to Canada in Oct 2020 leaving behind my wife as she was in 8th month of pregnancy at that time and couldn't travel. We got a baby in India in Dec 2020.

What are my options to bring the baby to Canada ASAP. (My wife is also in India now and won't come to Canada without the baby)
Should I apply for TRV first and then start with Dependent Child sponsorship?
Could you please guide me on how to approach the situation?

Thanks,
DivX
Yes, the baby needs a TRV to come to Canada before PR. I would apply for both the TRV and also submit the sponsorship application as soon as you can (these are two separate applications of course).

Note that processing times for TRVs are very long right now.

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
Yes, the baby needs a TRV to come to Canada before PR. I would apply for both the TRV and also submit the sponsorship application as soon as you can (these are two separate applications of course).

Note that processing times for TRVs are very long right now.
Thank you so much for your reply.. One more question. Can I apply for the TRV as well as Sponsorship from the same GC Id that I used to obtain my PR. Or should I create a separate login for my baby. In either case, I hope I will have to add myself as my baby's representative. Please clarify

AM_2022

Mar 29, 2022
Thank you so much for your reply.. One more question. Can I apply for the TRV as well as Sponsorship from the same GC Id that I used to obtain my PR. Or should I create a separate login for my baby. In either case, I hope I will have to add myself as my baby's representative. Please clarify
Hi - What steps you took for your situation. Can you please help us Thanks.