+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child born outside canada PR sponsorship

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hai Guys
I just submitted PR application for the family sponsorship for dependent child
I submitted the File on October 10 , 2023 till yet I didn't receive any response from CIC
HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE NORMALLY PROCESS FAMILY CLASS SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
Hi - I am sponsoring my son for PR. He is already in Canada on visitor visa. I have 3 questions:

1. As an Sponsor, I am required to digitally sign the application on his behalf as he is just 1 yr old. While signing the application, do I need to write my Name or his name?

2. I wanted to confirm the response on my previous question, which was answered by @armoured (Thanks so much for your help) - should I mention his current country of stay as Canada. He is on visitor visa. Is it right to show Canada as his current country of residence? He came to Canada 3 months ago.

3. As per the law, he can be in Canada for a maximum of 6 months during any visits to Canada on visitor visa. He is just 13 months. Will it be applicable on him as well?? I mean how a 13 months old can leave the country ??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
3. As per the law, he can be in Canada for a maximum of 6 months during any visits to Canada on visitor visa. He is just 13 months. Will it be applicable on him as well?? I mean how a 13 months old can leave the country ??
How can a 13 months old enter the country?

(Rhetorical)

You can apply to extend the child's visit.