+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependants of International Students

anishgoel

Dec 6, 2017
Hello,

I had applied for my study permit and TRV for my dependants at the same time in mid July. I was granted visa in around 2 weeks but there is absolutely no update about my dependant's visa. Its almost been 5 months since the application was submitted. All applications were submitted together online from India.
Need some valuable guidance on what can be done.
Went to local MP office here in Montreal, they inquired with CIC and told me nothing new.

Please Advice.
Thanks in Advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MPs cannot influence IRCC decisions.

Send a case specific inquiry to the visa office processing the application and request status. Likely there's nothing you can do but wait.

As I'm sure you're aware, just because you were approved doesn't mean your family will be.

anishgoel

Dec 6, 2017
Thanks a lot for scylla.
I have send the query to New Delhi office twice but no reply from them yet.
Can anyone comment on the below two queries?
1. Is it wise to submit a new application for my wife for Open Work Permit?
2. Are there more people from India or any other countries who are in the similar situation where the dependants visa was granted after months?

Thanks

MPs cannot influence IRCC decisions.

Send a case specific inquiry to the visa office processing the application and request status. Likely there's nothing you can do but wait.

As I'm sure you're aware, just because you were approved doesn't mean your family will be.

theres

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Even I'm in a similar situation.Are there any updates?
Hello,

I had applied for my study permit and TRV for my dependants at the same time in mid July. I was granted visa in around 2 weeks but there is absolutely no update about my dependant's visa. Its almost been 5 months since the application was submitted. All applications were submitted together online from India.
Need some valuable guidance on what can be done.
Went to local MP office here in Montreal, they inquired with CIC and told me nothing new.

Please Advice.
Thanks in Advance.

anishgoel

Dec 6, 2017
Can you tell me how long have you been waiting?
You had applied for TRV with Open work permit or without?
You from India too?

theres

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Yes, I'm! I've been waiting since Nov 21st(not THAT long as yours!) and my dependent's TRV is without OWP. Did you try calling 'em?

anishgoel

Dec 6, 2017
Yes, I'm! I've been waiting since Nov 21st(not THAT long as yours!) and my dependent's TRV is without OWP. Did you try calling 'em?
I had called once before coming here. But I guess they dont answer queries related to processing time on phone.
Have you been granted study permit?