+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependant from previous relationship

dunderheid

Mar 30, 2010
I am being sponsored by my wife who is a Canadian citizen. We have come across a road block in the process. I have a child from a previous relationship that was included on my application. The child's mother does not want him to be on the application and refuses to take him for a medical examination or co operate in any way. I had known this before I submitted the application but I was told by the call centre that my son still had to be included. Two years later I have received a letter to this effect:

[X] Regulation 72(1)(e)(i) states a foreign national in Canada becomes a permanent resident if, following an examination, it is established that they and their family members, whether accompanying of not, are not inadmissible.

As you have not been able to provide documentary evidence that your child is in the sole custody of another person, examination for the following family member must continue

Please note that it is in your best interest to ensure your dependents undergo immigration examination as instructed. Failure to comply may result in refusal of your Application for Permanent Residence.

On contacting the call centre again after receiving this letter I was told that under my circumstances a statutory declaration saying that I have no custody over my son and have no intention of applying for him in the future is a possible option. But they are not sure whether that would help further my application process or not.

If anyone has any experience with this situation any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
In your initial application had you informed them the reasons why your child could not be examined? I just sent in my application few days ago and all I did was include an affidavit that my husband wrote stating that the child is in the custody of her mother and she will not comply with bringing the child for medicals or photo shoot. He also stated that he is aware of the consequences, that he will not be able to sponsor her in the future but has chosen to continue with the application because the situation is beyond his own control. So maybe you could try that, i havent received feedback so im not banking on it, im even worse because we couldnt even get the childs birth certificate, so i dont know its just so stressful.

All the best...

I

iarblue

I think under these circumstances guys i would write a letter stating the fact the ex partner would not concent to any of the following,medicals,photos,or any otrher request.Sign it and get it sworn as an affidavit.
What else can you do,the only thing immigration can do is say later the child will not be able to be sponsored by you.
I have three girls from other marriages i put them down as dependants but i did not have to get photos or get them medicals so i dont understand why you are.
You are not sponsoring them,i think you are doing something wrong on your apps.
It ask for your dependants accompanying you or not it does not say it wants pictures or medicals for these children only if you are sponsoring them.