+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependant Child Sponsorship Inland

Caspareva

Jul 4, 2012
Hello,

My husband, my daughter and I are Canadian residents but my newborn is not. He was born in the United States, due to personal reasons. We came back to Canada with our son in May 24th, 2012, and at port of entry they gave him 12 months in order to apply for his residence. I started to organize the documentation in order to apply for it according to a link that was sent by a CIC Call Center representative back in January, but have found different sets of documents to be sent in the CIC website. We have tried to contact the Call Center in various occasions but the call always gets disconnected because "no agent can take your call right now". I would like to know exactly which forms apply for our situation, considering:

1. That we are currently living in Toronto and our son is in Canada already (he's 2 months old now).
2. That we arrived in November 2011 and since then up until now we've been studying in order to obtain our Realtor's license (both my husband and myself). In this regard we're about to get employed, but don't have any Canadian income yet (I'm not sure either if I'm supposed to report income for my son's sponsorship). We're living out from our savings.
3. That since we haven't had any income I don't have the tax printout they ask for

Do I have to have my spouse as co-signer, we both have the same situation. I just want to be clear on what to send and what not in order to not have my son's sponsorship application returned. Thank you very much for having this forum running. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Claudia P.