+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

departure order

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
hi everyone ,
I dont know ,a cbsa officer made me signed today a departure order ,she told me ,it is not active yet ,they need to verify my identity ,and I will be called back for an interview about that ...at the same time i received from her my brown paper ,so is that true what she told me or she trapped me into signing the paper .She dated the paper back to september 2 ,I entered Canada thru Roxham in end of August ,what should I do ,I am worrying guys please help

Last edited:

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
uh thank so much for answering me ,I was about to cry ,but on the paper I signed it said departure order ,I dont know why it is not removal order ...but overall ,I dont need to worry right ???

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
uh thank so much for answering me ,I was about to cry ,but on the paper I signed it said departure order ,I dont know why it is not removal order ...but overall ,I dont need to worry right ???
They are the same thing, I was being sleepy when I replied.

• Haha
Reactions: rash2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi everyone ,
I dont know ,a cbsa officer made me signed today a departure order ,she told me ,it is not active yet ,they need to verify my identity ,and I will be called back for an interview about that ...at the same time i received from her my brown paper ,so is that true what she told me or she trapped me into signing the paper .She dated the paper back to september 2 ,I entered Canada thru Roxham in end of August ,what should I do ,I am worrying guys please help
You mention needing to verify your identity. Did you arrive without any identification documents? Have you been told you don’t qualify to apply for asylum?

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
You mention needing to verify your identity. Did you arrive without any identification documents? Have you been told you don’t qualify to apply for asylum?
no i have not been told that ,matter of fact I received the brown paper and the boc to fill ,and yes I came with a passport but it expired and I provided birth certificate but they said they need to verify all of that..thank you for answering

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
no i have not been told that ,matter of fact I received the brown paper and the boc to fill ,and yes I came with a passport but it expired and I provided birth certificate but they said they need to verify all of that..thank you for answering
Just normal procedure then.

• Love
Reactions: rash2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just normal procedure then.
Would warn you that there is a huge backlog for all immigration applications including asylum. Asylum is a long process and there are often many ups and downs. People are expecting applications to be measured in months but in reality it is years. Many are under the impression that Canada gives out asylum very easy but many have been denied, have had to appeal, if denied again have had to try to secure status via other programs, etc. Would seek out other asylum seekers for support through the ups and downs since it is a difficult process.