Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Harinshif said:
Is dentistry equivalent to masters degree??because it says its a professional degree
Yes.

Btw we have a thread already for dentists, and it answers everyone's concerns

Harinshif

Oct 5, 2016
Can u swnd me the link that u arr talking about...i mean i m a dentist applying for pr visa and i need help at many points

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Harinshif said:
Can u swnd me the link that u arr talking about...i mean i m a dentist applying for pr visa and i need help at many points
This is it:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-dentist-graduates-trying-express-entry-for-immigration-noc-3113-t273913.180.html

And please, feel free to ask anything there or PM me and I'll try to help as much as I can.

anujzaveri

May 29, 2017
Hi Guys,
I am a practising Dentist in Mumbai, India for 3years. I had a few questions:
After we have applied for the PR, then what next? since we are foreign trained dentist, how will we be employed there? what is the procedure after applying for PR? thanks

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi Guys,
I am a practising Dentist in Mumbai, India for 3years. I had a few questions:
After we have applied for the PR, then what next? since we are foreign trained dentist, how will we be employed there? what is the procedure after applying for PR? thanks
You have to go for exams to obtain your license

anujzaveri

May 29, 2017
Hello guys,
If we apply for PR as a dentist and say we get the PR, is it necessary to continue in the same profession or we can start afresh in a new career?

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Hi

Need some advise.. So my sister who is 24 and single graduated as BDS in 2015 and than one year of paid compulsory internship and finally got her degree in Jan 2017.. We did WES and its equivalent to professional degree and she recently got her IELTS score with 8/7/76.5.. So based on CRS calculator (considering we will apply in Jan 2018 as than 1 year work exp will be completed) its 414..

If she will improve IELTS and get 8/7/7/7 her score will jump to 459..

Do you think we should give a try? Are dentists getting PR through express entry? Are there any restrictions?

Defmode

Jul 1, 2017
Absolutely...don't even hesitate! Improving IELTS scores is thankfully one of the ways to improve your score. Also, make sure her degree is assessed by the appropriate organization. In other words, since it is a professional degree, double-check CIC requirements for evaluation. Best wishes

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hi

Need some advise.. So my sister who is 24 and single graduated as BDS in 2015 and than one year of paid compulsory internship and finally got her degree in Jan 2017.. We did WES and its equivalent to professional degree and she recently got her IELTS score with 8/7/76.5.. So based on CRS calculator (considering we will apply in Jan 2018 as than 1 year work exp will be completed) its 414..

If she will improve IELTS and get 8/7/7/7 her score will jump to 459..

Do you think we should give a try? Are dentists getting PR through express entry? Are there any restrictions?

I just noticed one catch though... her degree was conferred in 2017 so basically that is when she became licensed to practice, in this scenario I am not sure if her internship would count as work experiience.. better to take one year to gain FT experience and improve ielts score meanwhile.. gather ECA and funds etc... and enter next year...

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
I just noticed one catch though... her degree was conferred in 2017 so basically that is when she became licensed to practice, in this scenario I am not sure if her internship would count as work experiience.. better to take one year to gain FT experience and improve ielts score meanwhile.. gather ECA and funds etc... and enter next year...
Thanks..

Ya this is what we are planning to submit profile in Jan 2018 as by that time her 1 yr exp will be completed..
I think i will tell her to give one more try for IELTS.. ECA is already done and fund already adjusted now only IELTS and exp pending (which are major ones ;) )

Any other advise or tips..

Also, trying her student visa with MAS at FDU vancouver