+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dentistry in Canada for foreign trained dentists

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by Maria24, Jul 20, 2017.

  1. Hi!

    I'm a a dentist and I'll start the NDEB process plus the certification to work in Canada. But since I don't have a Canadian residence, I would like to know my chances to get an Express Entry. Also what opportunities do I have to get a good job once I get there?

    Another question:
    Witch of this options should I do first?
    1- Residency process, live and working in Canada doing whatever job while preparing myself for the NDEB process.
    2- Do the NDEB process in my country and only travel to Canada to take the steps and then do the residency process. That way I could get there and work immediately as a dentist.
  2. you can apply for express entry , it does not require you to clear deb first . once there you can get job as dental assistant/ hygienist aND START PREPARING FOR ndeb..
  3. That's not true. You cannot just start working as a dental assistant/hygienist. both these jobs required Canadian education and certification. As for NDEB its not a walk in the park. its extremely difficult to be certified in Canada and if you clear all the exams you still need to be a permanent resident to get your license. The exam is way more harder than NBDE. The whole process to clear all exams will take around 4 years if you clear everything in first attempt. There are only 3 attempts though.
    Sarab26, drrishi and shagunsangwan like this.
  4. Yeah! I'm aware that it's not an easy process, I would like to do the second option. But what really concerns me is the opportunity for me to work there, once I have passed the NDEB process.
  5. You can apply for residency while preparing to take the exam no prob
  6. But to work as an assistant it will need further exams and study correct?
  7. Yes, I know everything there is regulated and if I'm going to validate something, it rather be what I am, a dentist not an assitant. What I'm saying is , after 5 years studying dentistry in my country I can't go to another place to do less of what I prepared for. That's why I'm looking for a way to get to Canada with the NDEB process complete and in 2 or 3 months find a job as a dentist.
    Are you a dentist?
  8. To get a dental license, there are two ways clearly mentioned on NDEB website. Dental hygienist programs are usually a 2 year course. Dental assistant is a few months depending on what you want out of it. Billing and coding for receptionists are undergrad courses if you are interested. If not, eligibility exams or DDS programs either from a canadian university or a US dental school can get you the degree after which you'll have take osce and provincial license exams. I've done US dental license exams which cant be used in Canada.
  9. Yes i am but still no licnese
  10. I would like to know more about your experience, Can we get in touch through mail?

    Wolverine17 likes this.
  11. If I take The NBDE part I and II in the US, I don't have to take the NDEB process to go to Canada? I mean does the US process examans (just the boards) can be used or can replace the NDEB process in Canada?
  12. I am also curious about the answer to that
  13. With NBDE certification u just have to clear the NDEB certifications.
    check this link for more details.

    Board certifications we have to give too
  14. Hi there,

    My wife is a foreign trained dentist and landed immigrant, what is the process to start working as a Dental Assistant while she prepares for the NDEB exams?


Share This Page