+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dentist Imigration

Mahmouf Jamal

Sep 23, 2019
Hello
My name is Mahmoud. I'm an Egyptian dentist with a Bachelor degree in Dental medicine and dental surgery from Modern science and Arts university in Egypt. As per WES this is equivalent to a five years professional study in Canada. I'm 28 years of old married with 1 daughter at the age of 1. I have 2 years of full time work experience and above average to high English level. I don't have an English exam yet but I'm aiming for CLB 8 when I do take it. My wife is also a dentist from the same university and the same work experience with CLB 5. We don't know french and we never been to Canada before or have relatives there. I've been researching this for a while now but when I tried the CRS tool on the CIC website i have a score of 370 which is way below the cut off score of 462 in 2019 draws. Also since dentistry is a regulated job in Canada so I can't get a job offer until I complete NDEB program which I have to imigrate to Canada first to do it since it takes alot of time and money. So my question to you is there any other option for me to imigrate to Canada?
Thank you.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
How are you only getting a 370? I calculated your score based on the information provided, and I got 426 (assuming CLB 8).

Improving your English is the best chance of getting PR. Assuming it takes you 1 year of study to get to a CLB 9, and your wife to a CLB 7.. you will get 474 points.

Heck, if you take two years to get to CLB 9 (wife to CLB 7), you'll get 469.

If you're already at CLB 8, it should take you much less than two years to get to CLB 9..

Mahmouf Jamal

Sep 23, 2019
How are you only getting a 370? I calculated your score based on the information provided, and I got 426 (assuming CLB 8).

Improving your English is the best chance of getting PR. Assuming it takes you 1 year of study to get to a CLB 9, and your wife to a CLB 7.. you will get 474 points.

Heck, if you take two years to get to CLB 9 (wife to CLB 7), you'll get 469.

If you're already at CLB 8, it should take you much less than two years to get to CLB 9..
I don't think that score is acurate
I tried again now asuming CLB 9 and age 30 for me and CLB 6 for my wife and I only got 397

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Sorry, yes, you're correct. I had accidentally selected the "Certificate of qualification".

However - if you work another year (so you're 29), and you get CLB 9 and your wife gets CLB 7; you should get 464 points (I double checked this time!!)

Even if you're 30 - you'll get 459 points. That's still a decently high score.

Try that and see.

Mahmouf Jamal

Sep 23, 2019
Sorry, yes, you're correct. I had accidentally selected the "Certificate of qualification".

However - if you work another year (so you're 29), and you get CLB 9 and your wife gets CLB 7; you should get 464 points (I double checked this time!!)

Try that and see.
Unfortunately I'm not able to travel before 30 years of age
And i just checked it again with your recommendation it's only 435

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Unfortunately I'm not able to travel before 30 years of age
And i just checked it again with your recommendation it's only 435
What calculator are you using?

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator/results.html#gs.56qvwz

Try that. I triple-checked and it's definitely 464 with the following info:

Education: Professional Degree
Language: CLB 9 in all 4
Foreign Work Ex: 3 years
Spouse Education: Professional Degree
Spouse Language: CLB 7 in all 4

Mahmouf Jamal

Sep 23, 2019
What calculator are you using?

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator/results.html#gs.56qvwz

Try that. I triple-checked and it's definitely 464 with the following info:

Education: Professional Degree
Language: CLB 9 in all 4
Spouse Education: Professional Degree
Language: CLB 7 in all 4
Foreign Work Ex: 3 years
Oh i see actually I'm using the official IRCC CRS calculator tool not Canadavisa one

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Oh i see actually I'm using the official IRCC CRS calculator tool not Canadavisa one
You're doing something wrong. I used the official calculator as well and got the same score.This is with your age set to 29, subtract 5 points if you're 30.

Your results
All Express Entry candidates get a score out of 1,200, based on the four parts of the Comprehensive Ranking System formula.

We invite the highest-ranking candidates from the pool to apply as a permanent resident through regular “rounds of invitations.” See what minimum scores have been in the past.

Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 100
  • Level of education = 126
  • Study in Canada = undefined
  • Official Languages = 116
    • First Official Language = 116
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 342

Spouse factors
  • Level of education = 10
  • First Official Languages = 12
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 22

Skill transferability factors
Education
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 50
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 50

Foreign work experience
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 100

Comprehensive Ranking System formula
Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 464

Provincial nomination = 0

Job offer = 0

Study in Canada = 0

Sibling in Canada = 0

French-language skills = 0

Subtotal Additional points = 0

Grand total = 464

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
And if you can get to a CLB 10 by the time you're 30, you'll have 471 points. If your wife can increase her score to a CLB 9, you'll have 479 points.

So there you have it - get one more year of work ex, and max out your English score. A score of 471/479 is really high.

Mahmouf Jamal

Sep 23, 2019
And if you can get to a CLB 10 by the time you're 30, you'll have 471 points. If your wife can increase her score to a CLB 9, you'll have 479 points.

So there you have it - get one more year of work ex, and max out your English score. A score of 471/479 is really high.
Oh you know what your correct. I was doing it incorrectly.
Thanks for that.

Mahmouf Jamal

Sep 23, 2019

I have another question do you think I can apply for PNP through express entry to get the extra 600 points without getting my license accredited first? Will any province nominate me to live there before the NDEB program?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I have another question do you think I can apply for PNP through express entry to get the extra 600 points without getting my license accredited first? Will any province nominate me to live there before the NDEB program?
If you're planning to try and work as a Dentist here, you should really reassess your plans. It will be very difficult for you to do that. You are not likely to get invited as a Dentist, no.

If you plan to come here and change careers, that can work.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is a surplus of dentists so you are unlikely to ever be selected through PNP programs.

DianaParr

Sep 17, 2020
Well, first of all, improve your English skills. I think it will take about a year (although it depends a lot). Then you will get CLB 9 and your wife CLB 7. My dentist has a similar situation with moving to Canada. He told me that it is actually not so difficult, the English language that decides and what score you have. It took him 2 years to get a CLB of 10, 478 points, and move. By the end of the qualification, it was already more accessible for him: he gained experience and learned English. Now he works in https://lombarddentalstudio.com/dental-services/invisalign-orthodontics/, where he was immediately hired. The administration said that such employees were not enough, so I think you can expect the same result.

Last edited: