juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,
My Cousin is a Dentist. He wanted to get his ECA done.
What type of Education Evaluation needs to be done for Dentist?
Will WES be sufficient or do we need to go with MCC?

juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gave +1 Max.

Roshin_Philip

Jan 25, 2019
Hi All,

I am trying to signup WES for my wife's BDS degree. I have two queries related to WES form fillup for BDS graduate.

1) While selecting institution type what should I select from there, UNIVERSITY or PROFESSIONAL ? I have this confusion because one of my friend told me that Dentistry is considered as a professional degree in Canada.

2) If I select institution type as University then, should I select this course under Masters or Bachelors only. I have this confusion because BDS is a 5 year course and one consultancy told me that BDS is going to be considered as Masters only.

Requesting your kind suggestions and help here.

Thanks in advance!!
Philip

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
Hi All,

I am trying to signup WES for my wife's BDS degree. I have two queries related to WES form fillup for BDS graduate.

1) While selecting institution type what should I select from there, UNIVERSITY or PROFESSIONAL ? I have this confusion because one of my friend told me that Dentistry is considered as a professional degree in Canada.

2) If I select institution type as University then, should I select this course under Masters or Bachelors only. I have this confusion because BDS is a 5 year course and one consultancy told me that BDS is going to be considered as Masters only.

Requesting your kind suggestions and help here.

Thanks in advance!!
Philip
you put it Masters/Bachelors finally they are going to declare it equivalent to First Professional Degree which is equivalent to Masters.

DrCheema

Aug 13, 2018
you put it Masters/Bachelors finally they are going to declare it equivalent to First Professional Degree which is equivalent to Masters.
Hi
You should select universities name and then bachelors , then send them all 4-5 year transcripts and degree certificate.
I have received my ECA from WES and they recognized BDS as first professional degree which is equivalent to masters in Canada.

Reactions: relyris

maulin_patel

Apr 9, 2015
I just want to know what to put for bechlors of dental surgery deegre after Wes evaluation as masters or bechlors . And I have done diploma courses in Canada applying under Canadian experience class

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi
You should select universities name and then bachelors , then send them all 4-5 year transcripts and degree certificate.
I have received my ECA from WES and they recognized BDS as first professional degree which is equivalent to masters in Canada.
Sorry for digging this thread.
DrCheema, are you from Pakistan?
any Idea who will assess FCPS? My mrs has done FCPS in oral and maxillofacial surgery from Pakistan. would WES assess it or do I have to go to some other body?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry for digging this thread.
DrCheema, are you from Pakistan?
any Idea who will assess FCPS? My mrs has done FCPS in oral and maxillofacial surgery from Pakistan. would WES assess it or do I have to go to some other body?
I hope that your wife has looked into how hard it may be to get licensed as a dental surgeon in Canada If she wants to continue practicing.

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
I hope that your wife has looked into how hard it may be to get licensed as a dental surgeon in Canada If she wants to continue practicing.
well she has looked into it and has already shared it is gonna be difficult to pass the tests required by MCC to practice as dental surgeon. But she has done FCPS, it would be difficult but not impossible ;P

Saiba

Oct 3, 2020
Hi
I am a dentist from Pakistan . After Wes evaluation how many points will my husband get?? He is the primary applicant

Oct 22, 2020
My wife have BDS(Bachelor in dental surgery) degree and she has M.Phil (Oral Biology) as well. she is also practicing as a Dental Doctor and same time she is also a university Lecturer in (R&D) field.

We want to start Express Entry case under the NOC of Lecturers & Researchers(NOC 4011) which directly related to her M.Phil Degree.

Please tell me where I should do the ECA ?
Should I need to do ECA for my BDS and Mhil degrees both?
or I should go ECA for BDS through MCC and Mphil to IQAS/WES?
or either I need to do ECA for both BDS and Mphil through IQAS/WES?
which is best organization who can give best & higher equivalency ?
Kindly advice me and kindly tell me should I need to do ECA for Transcripts or only for degree?

Nooren

Jun 20, 2019
Hello Guys,
My Cousin is a Dentist. He wanted to get his ECA done.
What type of Education Evaluation needs to be done for Dentist?
Will WES be sufficient or do we need to go with MCC?
you need to go with NDEB, not MCC