Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
International Dentist Advanced Placement Program for Foreign-Trained Dentists
The International Dentist Advanced Placement Program (IDAPP ) is a special university program held over five months. After successful completion of this program students are fully integrated into the third year of our four year Doctor of Dental Surgery Program (DDS), leading to the degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery. The program is intended for graduates of non-accredited dental programs, i.e. educational programs that have not been recognized by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC) or the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation. Its purpose is to prepare students to take the examinations of the National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB), the same examinations which graduates of accredited dental programs must take to obtain certification. Upon successful completion of the International Dentist Advanced Placement Program and the NDEB examinations, the candidate will be eligible for licensure/registration as a Dentist in all provinces in Canada .

http://www.utoronto.ca/dentistry/admissions/IDAPP/idappmain.html

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
NDEB exam:
Download Assessment of Fundamental Knowledge Sample Questions

http://www.ndeb.ca/sites/default/files/2012ReleaseEng.pdf

BR
Dr.Hasib

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
Dr.Hasib said:
NDEB exam:
Download Assessment of Fundamental Knowledge Sample Questions

http://www.ndeb.ca/sites/default/files/2012ReleaseEng.pdf

BR
Dr.Hasib
Thanks for sharing. I find this version tougher than its predecessor of 2011.

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dr.Hasib said:
International Dentist Advanced Placement Program for Foreign-Trained Dentists
The International Dentist Advanced Placement Program (IDAPP ) is a special university program held over five months. After successful completion of this program students are fully integrated into the third year of our four year Doctor of Dental Surgery Program (DDS), leading to the degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery. The program is intended for graduates of non-accredited dental programs, i.e. educational programs that have not been recognized by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC) or the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation. Its purpose is to prepare students to take the examinations of the National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB), the same examinations which graduates of accredited dental programs must take to obtain certification. Upon successful completion of the International Dentist Advanced Placement Program and the NDEB examinations, the candidate will be eligible for licensure/registration as a Dentist in all provinces in Canada .

http://www.utoronto.ca/dentistry/admissions/IDAPP/idappmain.html
Great info :) Thank you for your updates..What is your plans?
The difficulty here is the high cost plus we should set for IELTS again "for people with near expiry IELTS". I don't know your opinion but for me I would settle for AFK followed by ACS, ACJ..because we have to take AFK in both ways as will as NBDE exams at the end.
I would keep it as a plan B. In either ways, it seems that we will have a hard job!

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
hondubai said:
Great info :) Thank you for your updates..What is your plans?
The difficulty here is the high cost plus we should set for IELTS again "for people with near expiry IELTS". I don't know your opinion but for me I would settle for AFK followed by ACS, ACJ..because we have to take AFK in both ways as will as NBDE exams at the end.
I would keep it as a plan B. In either ways, it seems that we will have a hard job!
i am not familier with AFK, ACS....pls discuss in details

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dr.Hasib said:
i am not familier with AFK, ACS....pls discuss in details
We have here TWO pathways, either getting licence by exams or through dental college.
What I want to say is that in either ways the AFK "Assessment of Fundamental Knowledge" is common. So, if we can pass that AFK, we would opt between the choice of taking the ACS "Assessment of Clinical Skills" and ACJ "Assessment of Clinical Judgment" against the other option of taking that five-month course and joining dental school for two more years, which I find the longer way and more expensive..and still we have to show up again for NBDE exam at last which is the same with the exam pathway.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
hondubai said:
We have here TWO pathways, either getting licence by exams or through dental college.
What I want to say is that in either ways the AFK "Assessment of Fundamental Knowledge" is common. So, if we can pass that AFK, we would opt between the choice of taking the ACS "Assessment of Clinical Skills" and ACJ "Assessment of Clinical Judgment" against the other option of taking that five-month course and joining dental school for two more years, which I find the longer way and more expensive..and still we have to show up again for NBDE exam at last which is the same with the exam pathway.
hmm..all options seems quite tough for me. :(
My alternative career plan is to take 2 year dental hygiene diploma and later bocome a Dental hygienst.

SES38

Dec 3, 2011
Hi people! I am also applied for PR and now waiting for PER. It seems me to difficult to get license in Canada spend years and years again ,it too much ! I also planning to get dental hygienist sertificate -it is good opportuniti to begin new own business inCanada (as self-employe)

hellomeitis

Dec 3, 2011
So good to find this forum and thanks to dr. Hasib for starting the same...

Hello Friends

I applied for Canadian immigration in July, received on 29-Aug-11. And on 23-Nov-2011, received email that application is in Process. I went through few posts and found that few of us here have already received their permanent cards.

As the website gives high level details of the process. Could you please let me know what would be next step from in-process and when it says in-process, so it really means that the processing has now started. Need your help please..

Thanks again.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
SES38 said:
Hi people! I am also applied for PR and now waiting for PER. It seems me to difficult to get license in Canada spend years and years again ,it too much ! I also planning to get dental hygienist sertificate -it is good opportuniti to begin new own business inCanada (as self-employe)
great..just keep in touch with me then.
i am moving to toronto next Jan 2012.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
hellomeitis said:
So good to find this forum and thanks to dr. Hasib for starting the same...

Hello Friends

I applied for Canadian immigration in July, received on 29-Aug-11. And on 23-Nov-2011, received email that application is in Process. I went through few posts and found that few of us here have already received their permanent cards.

As the website gives high level details of the process. Could you please let me know what would be next step from in-process and when it says in-process, so it really means that the processing has now started. Need your help please..

Thanks again.
have you got your PER (positive eligibility review) yet?

SES38

Dec 3, 2011
OK! I will be in touch! Have you already applied to Toronto dental hygienist college to evaluate your diploma it possible online! Do not lose the time!

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
SES38 said:
OK! I will be in touch! Have you already applied to Toronto dental hygienist college to evaluate your diploma it possible online! Do not lose the time!
According to Ontario immigration website:

"In Ontario, dental hygiene is considered a separate and distinct health profession from dentistry. If you are a dentist and are interested in dental hygiene as an alternative, please contact an educational institute which offers an approved program in dental hygiene. There is a listing of approved institutions at the end of this document".
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_DENTHYG_CM.html

So, if overseas dentists want to become Dental hygienst in canada, they have to take dental hygiene diploma before getting their licence as Dental hygienst.
I already applied online for George brown college's Dental hygiene diploma.

hellomeitis

Dec 3, 2011
Thanks Dr. Hasib for the reply, the email states:

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on June 25, 2011.

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

So, do I need to provide anything after PER and how to determine visa office (Indian citizen residing in India), could you please shed some light.

Thanks in advance.

Dr.Hasib said:
have you got your PER (positive eligibility review) yet?