+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dental Treatment in Canada - Fixing of Braces

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
I have come across the following query posted here. I am facing the same situation. Hope someone would shed light on this query:

We are PRC holder, currently living in UAE and are planning to move to Canada in 10 months time from now.

We recently saw an orthodontist here in UAE to discuss a plan for my daughter's braces. We were told that the total package would cost CAD 3,500. We would be paying 25% (CAD 875) initially and then CAD 130 every month during follow-up visit for braces adjustment. In any case, the total cost would not exceed CAD 3,500. It may take 12 to 18 months to complete the process.

I would request the seniors living in Canada to advise me:

1. What is the cost in Canada for the whole package? The above cost is for Ceramic braces which is little costlier than the traditional metallic one.
2. If we get braces fixed from UAE and after 10 months move to Canada, would orthodontist in Canada agree to take care of follow-up procedure?
3. If yes, then what would be the cost per visit?

I shall be obliged having your opinions on this.

Thanks and kind regards,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. In Vancouver, I paid over CAD 6,000 for my child's package
2. I do not know, I guess you can discuss with them
3. Go and ask them

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
steaky said:
3. Go and ask them
Thanks for your reply your assistance is much appreciated!

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
steaky said:
3. Go and ask them
Thanks, Steaky. I have some follow up inquiries:

1. Under Ontario's OHIP, what illnesses are covered? What dental and eye related treatments are covered? What about braces?
2. If it does not cover, then how to get insured for these treatments? Which company provides the best deals? By the way, I found this site. What is your idea about it? https://arbetovinsurance.com/dental-insurance-canada/