+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dental care for maintainenance of BRACES in Alberta....Leon plz reply

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am planning to move to Alberta in near future.My elder son is wearing braces and has to continue with it for atleast 1 1/2 years or so.As this treatment requires a regular six weekly check up with a dentist ,I need to know how much it could cost me to go to the dentist for the check ups.
I can understand it will not be covered under Health insurance and I will have to buy a private one for this purpose ,would be grateful if any one could recommend me a good and affordable one.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right that Alberta Health does not cover dental.

Most employers offer some kind of group plan but it may not cover what you need. If you don't get a plan through your employer or you want a better one, you can buy one yourself.

You might want to look for an insurance broker to find you the best plan but for example when looking at AB Blue Cross at https://www.ab.bluecross.ca/individuals-families/index.html it shows that their plan C covers 50% for orthodontics to a lifetime maximum of $1,500 per participant but there is a 24 month waiting period from enrolment date.

You will have to check the costs at the dentists and compare if it will be worth it to get a plan depending on the cost of the plan, possible waiting time and how long your son will need the braces plus if you think your younger children might possibly need braces too.