+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Denied Visitor Visa!

Timster1156

May 12, 2013
I have a Chinese girlfriend who was denied on her first try to visit me. She provided assets, bank statements but forgot to mention denial for visit to USA. I have requested her notes and they state the following:

FOSS checked: US refusal not acknowledged in this application - with limited international travel-supporting documents with poor quality, bank documents are copies with no verifiable security features, does not appear established in China, Applicant has not demonstrated sufficient establishment and or sufficient ties to motivate return. I am not satisfied the applicant is a bona fide temporary visitor who will leave Canada at end of authorized stay. Applicant refused.

She gave a deposit certificate showing 500,000 rmb deposited, she showed her travel bank account with over $21,000 Canadian available funds to spend, she showed her house she lives in. She has a few other houses she did not provide which I know is a mistake.

I want to reapply and any help in how I should work it and what i should get before we reapply would be helpful.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did it happen that she did not mention "denial for visit to USA"? It is not that "she forgot". There is A QUESTION about that in the form. She misrepresented.

What about her job? Her family?

CIC is not worried about her being well off. They are worried that she does not have ties in China to go back. Assets ( real property) are not ties. The same with money.
What about her travel history? Did she travel to developed countries (Europe, Australia)? What kind of proof about traveling there did she provide?

Timster1156

May 12, 2013
She has done a tour of Europe where she visited 7 countries but it was on the same three week tour.

I am not sure why she did not report the US denial because i told her to report it.

she has her whole family in China where she lives. She is retired now. she has traveled alot in China but not outside where a visa is required.

Timster1156

May 12, 2013
Her son's wife is now expecting a child this fall. is that a reason to prove ties to China? i do not think she reported this as she was only apply for a two week visit this visa.

Timster1156

May 12, 2013
I assume that is 2 parts. One is about her travel history (i will ask her what she provided) and the other is poor quality bank documents (i got copies and i was confused at what they were.)

She was invited by a friend in Vancouver for her son's wedding. I did not invite her as I felt that would put up a red flag that she would not want to leave if she is visiting her boyfriend.