ck123

Mar 2, 2018
My girlfriend has been denied TRV twice

vietnamese national
Both times reason are;
refused due to employment
refused due to immigration status

background;

she works as a remote assistant to my company earning 1350 us dollars monthly, has 33k CAD equivalent in savings

the following immigration info;
studied in france
tourist visa france
tourist visa uae
tourist visa uk
traveled to many countries in asia visa free

we sent proof of income certified by my company, my information as she will be staying with me in canada (my family and i are canadian citizens)

im supporting her 100% everywhere we travel... the reason for visa is we're trying to visit canada for the summer. We said we are visiting canada 60 days

Any ideas on what information to submit ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My girlfriend has been denied TRV twice

vietnamese national
Both times reason are;
refused due to employment
refused due to immigration status

background;

she works as a remote assistant to my company earning 1350 us dollars monthly, has 33k CAD equivalent in savings
I would recommend you order GCMS notes.

IMO, she was probably refused because:
1. The visa officer probably thinks she may work illegally when she visits because she is employed by your company.

2. As you pay for her visits = She is completely financially dependent on you = Weak financial situation

3. As the girlfriend of a Canadian, there's always a possibility that she could overstay her visit

4. A two months' visit is generally viewed as having weak ties to the applicant's home country/country of residence + Her stay would be viewed as working illegally on a TRV (again, this is because she is employed by your company)

5. Does she live in Vietnam or another country? If it is the latter then what documents did she submit for her immigration status? If she lives in Vietnam then how much time has she spent in the last one year outside of Vietnam for work/travel/other reasons?

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

ck123

Mar 2, 2018
I would recommend you order GCMS notes.

IMO, she was probably refused because:
1. The visa officer probably thinks she may work illegally when she visits because she is employed by your company.

2. As you pay for her visits = She is completely financially dependent on you = Weak financial situation

3. As the girlfriend of a Canadian citizen, there's always a possibility that she could overstay her visit

4. A two months' visit is generally viewed as having weak ties to the applicant's home country/country of residence.

5. Does she live in Vietnam or another country? If it is the latter then what documents did she submit for her immigration status? Is she lives in Vietnam then how much time has she spent in the last one year outside of Vietnam for work/travel/other reasons?

Looking into GCMS notes

FYI I do not live in Canada anymore, I live in the united arab emirates though I travel very often for business (i'm dual uk/canada citzen)
I spend 30-45 days per year in canada, maximum... I left because the country doesn't offer me much in business.... however the summer in toronto is nice :)

1. She works remotely for my company just handling misc paperwork and assists the directors and i

2. yes that is true, but has 33k CAD in a savings in her name (total assets probably around 50k)

3. Understood but I don't live in Canada and unless she left me and stayed in canada

4. realistically I don't think we were going to stay two months though we thought we'd say the largest amount of time to be safe

5. she lives in vietnam, however has visas and is traveling with me currently.. she has probably spent the majority of 2017 outside vietnam (due to 6 month study in france, various travel etc)
she has never overstayed a visa and we wrote a letter to state that

I also wrote a letter inviting her to canada and outlined what we will be doing... and also i don't have a criminal background or anything etc.. i would consider myself a credible individual but i suppose they are looking at her not myself.

Honestly I wish there was a way to post a bond or something guaranteeing departure within visa terms.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
FYI I do not live in Canada anymore, I live in the united arab emirates though I travel very often for business (i'm dual uk/canada citzen)
This changes the whole situation.

A few suggestions:
1. The invitation letter should be given by a Canada-resident host and not you.

2. You must include evidence to prove that you have strong ties to the UAE + you will be returning/have compelling reasons to return to the UAE at the end of your visit. This would imply that she must return with you.

3. Do mention a visit of 2-3 weeks max. This would also imply that you cannot remain away from your work commitments in the UAE.

4. Can she prove she has work commitments in one country as opposed to working remotely? Being able to work remotely does not help to prove strong employment ties.

5. she lives in vietnam, however has visas and is traveling with me currently.. she has probably spent the majority of 2017 outside vietnam (due to 6 month study in france, various travel etc)
Perhaps, this is why she was refused on the grounds for immigration status because she cannot prove her employment ties/other ties to one specific country.

she has never overstayed a visa and we wrote a letter to state that
She should include a Travel History document. In a tabular format (for the last 10 years): Visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + scan any valid visas, particularly the UK, Schengen, etc.

Hopefully she has not been applying rather quickly after each refusal because that could indicate desperation to visit

souzaco

Feb 13, 2014
I think what's important here is she must be able to prove strong ties to her home country and that can be done by showing different types of documents

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think what's important here is she must be able to prove strong ties to her home country and that can be done by showing different types of documents
Based on the OP's post, his girlfriend does not have ties to any one country + she has remained outside of Vietnam for more than 6 months = Difficult to prove ties to the home country

Reactions: scylla