+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Denied Refugee claim- Spousal Sponsorship

N27

Aug 18, 2009
Hi, my husband refugee claim was denied today. His case was weak. We got married last sunday. We met a year ago. We have been together for 9 months. We love each other. We are going to send the application asap. I am little worried.. How long it will take to get the removal letter and denial letter? We do not know what is going to happen next? I dont want him to leave..Any advised Please..?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
N27 said:
Hi, my husband refugee claim was denied today. His case was weak. We got married last sunday. We met a year ago. We have been together for 9 months. We love each other. We are going to send the application asap. I am little worried.. How long it will take to get the removal letter and denial letter? We do not know what is going to happen next? I dont want him to leave..Any advised Please..?
Hello N27, I do not have a specific answer for you on this; however, if you do some more searching on this forum or on the Internet, I am sure you will find the details you need. You can also try calling an immigration lawyer, most of them will do one free consultation to direct you. I definitely think you will need to conduct some solid research before you submit your application especially as it seems you got married so soon after the refugee claim denial. Sit tight and I am sure you will get more relevant reponses to your post in the next 24 hours. Good luck.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
My husband was a denied refugee as well but back in 2011, it took them about 6 months to send us the decisions by mail, than they sent us the prra which you could apply for before, and that took another 6 months to get an answer.

But the problem is they have changed the refugee system to speed it up and get people out asap after being denied.
So im not sure anymore of the timeline on how long it takes to receive your written decision, or if you are even able to apply for prra anymore. it seems like they dont allow it anymore, unless it takes them over 1 year to give you a written decision.

BUt i would suggest doing some more research on the internet and the forum

Its hard to say since they have changed all the rules now.

M

mikeymyke

Oh wow, you also married and sponsored another man, 3 years ago? But no updates after his arrival.

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
mikeymyke said:
Oh wow, you also married and sponsored another man, 3 years ago? But no updates after his arrival.
Yeahh, kinda makes you want to upchuck when reading the OP's posting history. Sure gives me a new respect for what IO's have to contend with.

N27

Aug 18, 2009
Oh no! I am using my friend's account.. I should make my own..she told me about this forum..SOrry for the confusion.!!

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
Any updates on your situation? I am curious as to the outcome. Similar situation here.