+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Denial of Student Visa

dorothydaniel

Apr 3, 2018
Hello,
Please I need an advice. I applied for a Student Visa from Nigeria and I was refused based on the reasons of
- not being satisfied that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay as a temporary student based on my travel history, my family ties in Canada and my country of residence and purpose of my visit.
I was also informed that I can reapply if I can respond to the concerns and can demonstrate that my situation meets the requirements.
I want to reapply,please how do I go about it.
Thanks.

valerie_ify

Mar 6, 2018
When did u apply for the visa? What semester were u supposed to resume? Study plan/SOP matters a lot too that's where u can answer questions and convince the V.O
You can drop ur contact with me via email: ifeanyi_valerie@yahoo.com. I am also a Nigerian maybe I can help

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
What's your country of residence ?

Please share your detailed profile .

Meanwhile after reading this message , apply for CAIPS notes to get a clear picture of your rejection .

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I guess you didn't submit an employment or study leave letter, and your SOP was weak.. request for your gcms note to have a full detailed reasons for the refusal.. add up on WhatsApp 08166444304

Erfan115

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Without caips its very difficult to say what the exact reasons were but according to others experiences this is what i think:-

Travel history- did you mention all your travel history in the previous 10 years you had in your background information? If there is a gap they reject. And did you ever apply for visas in other countries and get rejected? If so then these 2 could be one possible reason. Cant say for sure which.

Family ties in canada- did you mention that you have family or friends in canada? How did you explain it to IRCC. You should try not to mention any distant family members or friends. Only if you have a brother or a sister in canada then only mention it. If u have relatives and friends then VO suspects you are just looking for ways to migrate to canada and join them rather than just going and studying. Ties to country of residence depends. Where did you apply from?

Purpose of visit is usually just a reason the VO gives. Its never something specific. But to not raise concern about this, you should make a strong SOP. A strong sop is when u talk more about ur goals and educational ambition rather than talking about what u like about canada. Start with ur education histroy. Then what your aim is. And how u researched about universities in your country of residence and in canada and later decided that the university degree in canada provides the exact qualifications you need to achieve ur ambition. And then say that u have no intention of staying in canada once ur education is complete.