+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delivery problem, what can I do?

Twilight_Forever

Star Member
May 2, 2015

I'm going to sponsor my wife(inland) that we gathered all the documents we needed and shipped it August 16, 2018, which was supposed to arrive next day. I'm shipping within Ontario. It shouldn't take more than 2days.
But, guess what?? It hasn't been updated any, no scan and no moving from Shoppers drug mart at all. We've been to the Shoppers twice to make sure they don't have it there and contacted Canada Post Customer Service 4 times already but, unfortunately, they don't have any clear answer. They said their scan system sometimes has an issue with scans not being properly displayed that my package may have been delivered.
I put the required signature option for the package as well which they didn't know by their system until I told them that today.

I've tried to reach CPC Mississauga but I can't get through to an agent they keep asking my application number which I don't have it yet. Even if it says if you wanna talk to an agent press 0, and I press it then it goes not a valid option.

Should I wait until one or two months just in case my AOR comes through my email or should I prepare another set of documents then ship it again?

My wife and I have been suffering from this since Augst 17, any advice would be appreciated it.
If anyone has the same experience as mine, please let us know.

Last edited:

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

I'm going to sponsor my wife(inland) that we gathered all the documents we needed and shipped it August 16, 2018, which was supposed to arrive next day. I'm shipping within Ontario. I shouldn't take more than 2days.
But, guess what?? It hasn't been updated any, no scan and no moving from Shoppers drug mart at all. We've been to the Shoppers twice to make sure they don't have it there and contacted Canada Post Customer Service 4 times already but, unfortunately, they don't have any clear answer. They said their scan system sometimes has an issue with scans not being properly displayed that my package may have been delivered.
I put the required signature option for the package as well which they didn't know by their system until I told them that today.

I've tried to reach CPC Mississauga but I can't get through to an agent they keep asking my application number which I don't have it yet. Even if it says if you wanna talk to an agent press 0, and I press it then it goes not a valid option.

Should I wait until one or two months just in case my AOR comes through my email or should I prepare another set of documents then ship it again?

My wife and I have been suffering from this since Augst 17, any advice would be appreciated it.
You need to continue to escalate through Canada Post/Shoppers, CIC won't be able to help you. I wouldn't send another package as of right now, I would keep chasing this down.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I'm going to sponsor my wife(inland) that we gathered all the documents we needed and shipped it August 16, 2018, which was supposed to arrive next day. I'm shipping within Ontario. It shouldn't take more than 2days.

Agree with above. It is very possible that it was delivered and is sitting in the IRCC mail room waiting to be processed. I have had the same situation with a package that I shipped. I was able to confirm with the recipient that it had been received even though Canada Post tracking was still saying "in transit"; the tracking never did update. Unfortunately, IRCC won't be able to tell you they have received it until the app is actually looked at.

Reactions: Twilight_Forever

Twilight_Forever

Star Member
May 2, 2015
You need to continue to escalate through Canada Post/Shoppers, CIC won't be able to help you. I wouldn't send another package as of right now, I would keep chasing this down.
I've had a talk with two different supervisors and they said the same thing that I can't do anything on their hands unless scans showing up all of sudden except for me to call CPC to ask if they have received mine. One of the supervisors said they have cases like me and senders have figured it out by contacting CPC. I kept telling her there was no way I can speak to an agent unless I have my application number which I don't have it yet but, she kept saying that the same thing people figured out by contacting CPC.

BTW, thank you for the reply. I wouldn't send another one.

Twilight_Forever

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Agree with above. It is very possible that it was delivered and is sitting in the IRCC mail room waiting to be processed. I have had the same situation with a package that I shipped. I was able to confirm with the recipient that it had been received even though Canada Post tracking was still saying "in transit"; the tracking never did update. Unfortunately, IRCC won't be able to tell you they have received it until the app is actually looked at.
That gave us a relief that you have had the same situation with your package. Canada Post supervisor said what I replied to kcward7 above. Besides, if there is no update after 21 days she said that they will give me a postage refund. I was like what the hell...