+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delivery of PR cards!!!!!

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Hello friends,

Have all those who've gotten their PR cards delivered, received the cards for the principal applicant and the dependants together or at least at the same time??

I have received my PR card but my spouse's card has not been received. If the principal applicant's and the spouse's card are sent separately by the office in Sydney, then how long should I wait for my spouse's card? Can someone please advise me on this?? Will calling them help at all?

Our SIN cards have however been received and both the cards were delivered on the same day.

Many Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rhetorisch said:
Hello friends,

Have all those who've gotten their PR cards delivered, received the cards for the principal applicant and the dependants together or at least at the same time??

I have received my PR card but my spouse's card has not been received. If the principal applicant's and the spouse's card are sent separately by the office in Sydney, then how long should I wait for my spouse's card? Can someone please advise me on this?? Will calling them help at all?

Our SIN cards have however been received and both the cards were delivered on the same day.

Many Thanks
1. They are all sent separately.
2. Wait a couple of weeks then phone the call centre 1-888-242-2100

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
It would be better to call the call center straight away, as a friend of mine had the same issue where she received her PR card along with her son's but her husband's was delayed, they eventually called the call center after waiting for a few more weeks and were told that the husbands photos they provided were bent from the top corner and therfore they couldnt use these photos, so they had to provide them with new photos, and their problem was that they were alreday out of Canada at the time, so her husband hads to request for a temp document to re-enter Canada to be able to go submit the photos in person, as this is the only way they will accept it, and this document was valid only for 30 days, not to mention the hustle here at the embassy to issue the temp document. So cut the story short call them immediately. Good luck! :)

tran

May 10, 2009
How come you guys need to come back to Canada to
hand in your new photos for your PR card personally?

I have received a letter from CIC Calgary regarding the
submission of new photos for PR card.

The contents of the letter clearly stated that I can mail
the new photos to them.

Extract from the letter below:

"You may mail your new photos or visit the Citizenship & Immigration
Canada office in Calgary at the below address:

Open Office Hours: Monday through Friday between 9:00a.m. and 3:00p.m. "

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Hello everyone!

Thanks for the quick responses. PLease continue to let me have your opinions on this. If someone can please let me have the number to call CIC from abroad, that would be great. I am already out of Canada after having completed my landing.
So please help

Thanks so much all of you!!

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
I really have no idea how that happened as it was for one of my friends, since they told them that only when they land and the photos are collected in the airport its mailed to them but for the replacement of photos they had to go in person. Maybe different rules for different Provinces?????? :) :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhetorisch said:
Hello everyone!

Thanks for the quick responses. PLease continue to let me have your opinions on this. If someone can please let me have the number to call CIC from abroad, that would be great. I am already out of Canada after having completed my landing.
So please help

Thanks so much all of you!!
Call Cic from abroad:-

tel: +1613-944-4000
options 1,2,1,2,1 u wait about 8-12 min and the officer will ask about your need

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Thanks a lot for this Steaky. Appreciate it. So what do you think Steaky? Should I tell them that I am outside Canada at the moment? I shall not say a word on my own accord but if the officer asks me over the phone whether I am in the country, should I be honest and say that I am not?
I am not likely to go to Canada in the next 6-8 months you see. So I really dont know what I should say if they ask me this que.

Many Thanks in advance for your advice.

Advice from other knowledgeable people is also welcome.

Thanks

nag1d

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:

options 1,2,1,2,1 u wait about 8-12 min and the officer will ask about your need
Thanks Steaky. I was looking for this number.

-nag1d

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Sihs said:
I really have no idea how that happened as it was for one of my friends, since they told them that only when they land and the photos are collected in the airport its mailed to them but for the replacement of photos they had to go in person. Maybe different rules for different Provinces?????? :) :)
Hi there,
I called the CIC a few days ago and was told that ther ewas a problem with my photograph and that it doesnt match their standards, so I would need to supply new photos. However they said that I will be given clear instructions only towards the end of january. As I am currently out of the country and it would be another six months before I move back to Canada, I need to get this sorted soon.
What is it that needs doing in such cases? All ideas are welcome!
Thanks

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
I think at this point there is nothing you can do but wait for their instructions, However for that friend of mine he had to apply for a temporary document to enter Canada with it, as he didnt have the PR card, so probably thats what u might have to do but better wait for their instructions. All the best. :)

PG

Dec 21, 2010
rhetorisch said:
Hi there,
I called the CIC a few days ago and was told that ther ewas a problem with my photograph and that it doesnt match their standards, so I would need to supply new photos. However they said that I will be given clear instructions only towards the end of january. As I am currently out of the country and it would be another six months before I move back to Canada, I need to get this sorted soon.
What is it that needs doing in such cases? All ideas are welcome!
Thanks
Gentleman,

There is no point to worry. Just relax.
You will get a red letter in few weeks, or may even take 3-4 months. This is a letter in standard format, which says your photograph did not meet the specification.....bring the specified photos in person within 180 days of receipt of this letter.

If you have time and want to hand over the "most expensive photo of your life" to them, you can ask for a travel document in your nearest Canadian Embassy. Otherwise you can go later when you plan to finally settle there and apply for the PR again, which normally takes more than 6 months to be in your hands.

rhetorisch said:
Thanks a lot for this Steaky. Appreciate it. So what do you think Steaky? Should I tell them that I am outside Canada at the moment? I shall not say a word on my own accord but if the officer asks me over the phone whether I am in the country, should I be honest and say that I am not?
I am not likely to go to Canada in the next 6-8 months you see. So I really dont know what I should say if they ask me this que.

Many Thanks in advance for your advice.

Advice from other knowledgeable people is also welcome.

Thanks
Why should you lie them? Are you told not to leave Canada? Otherwise you don't need to hide where you are even if you are in moon. They don't bother even if you tell them that you are in your home country and do not want to go there for a couple of years. To me they were very nice and suggested to take care of 730 days.

PG

Dec 21, 2010
typo...its PR Card not PR...

............and apply for the "PR CARD" again, which normally takes more than 6 months to be in your hands.
You are already PR you need just a card.

nag1d

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:

Steaky,

I tried calling this number but it gets disconnected after I press 1 and then 2. Is there an alternate number? Would you know?

- nag1d

darrenc

Feb 3, 2011
Likewise same here, tried the number and it gives an automated message to call the 1-888 number or if outside to refer to the CIC website :(

Any ideas?