+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delivery of PR card after handing in Photos according to specifications!!

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Hello again everyone,

I need to travel back to CA to hand in my photo as my photo they say, was not according to specifications. They had of course accepted the same photos earlier. Funny, but true.
Anyways, I will need to get a travel document, which I have and will be booking my flight soon.
What I want to know is whether my PR card can be collected personally from them after I give them my photos? If so, how long does it take for them to process and create my card? A few days, weeks, months?? If I can collect it in a few days time, I might as well stay for a few more days and come back only after collecting my card to make sure this nonsense does not occur again.

Thanks for your contributions

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
I turned in my pics at the Toronto office on Jan 26th and received the PR card by post on Feb 28th.

You cannot collect PR cards by hand.

Good Luck!

sigfrid101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aug 27, 2010
rhetorisch said:
Hello again everyone,

I need to travel back to CA to hand in my photo as my photo they say, was not according to specifications. They had of course accepted the same photos earlier. Funny, but true.
Anyways, I will need to get a travel document, which I have and will be booking my flight soon.
What I want to know is whether my PR card can be collected personally from them after I give them my photos? If so, how long does it take for them to process and create my card? A few days, weeks, months?? If I can collect it in a few days time, I might as well stay for a few more days and come back only after collecting my card to make sure this nonsense does not occur again.

Hi, did you already get your travel document? Did the visa office ask why you don't have your PR card with you?

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
rhetorisch said:
Hello again everyone,

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Hi,
Can I ask you please what documents did you need to submit to get the travel document, and did they kind of ask you many questions on why you didn't wait to get your card, why did you leave Canada that soon, any proof you will stay there after you get back????????????
Please share.

Sihs ;) ;)

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Re: handing in Photos according to specifications!! + Appointments!

Hello everyone,

The application for a travel document was simple. However I was asked why I left CA so early. I had to show my wife's PR card. Apparently the problem of photo not being as per requirements is pretty common. The lady at the counter immediately said "OH! your wife is lucky, what was wrong with your photo?" So she kind of took it for granted that it was my photo which was a problem.

Subsequently, when I met the visa officer I had to tell her that I had to come back soon because I had important commitments here.
As far as documents are concerned, there is a form for PRTD, which I downloaded and printed out. I attached copies of my COPR and had to give two photos. That was it. I got the TD the same day.

MY question to you all is>>>> IS AN APPOINTMENT REQUIRED WHEN VISITING THE CIC OFFICE PERSONALLY TO HAND IN YOUR PHOTOS?
I ask this because when I called the CIC, the officer told me that no such appointment was necessary. However the red letter does use the word appointment. Kindly advise at the earliest.

Thanks in advance

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah

rhetorisch said:
Hello everyone,

The application for a travel document was simple. However I was asked why I left CA so early. I had to show my wife's PR card. Apparently the problem of photo not being as per requirements is pretty common. The lady at the counter immediately said "OH! your wife is lucky, what was wrong with your photo?" So she kind of took it for granted that it was my photo which was a problem.

Subsequently, when I met the visa officer I had to tell her that I had to come back soon because I had important commitments here.
As far as documents are concerned, there is a form for PRTD, which I downloaded and printed out. I attached copies of my COPR and had to give two photos. That was it. I got the TD the same day.

MY question to you all is>>>> IS AN APPOINTMENT REQUIRED WHEN VISITING THE CIC OFFICE PERSONALLY TO HAND IN YOUR PHOTOS?
I ask this because when I called the CIC, the officer told me that no such appointment was necessary. However the red letter does use the word appointment. Kindly advise at the earliest.

Thanks in advance
Thank you rhetorisch for the detailed info, you have cleared so many ambiguties to me.
I am not sure about the appointment issue, but since you said the officer said there is no problem I would think it's ok.
Can I also ask you if after you go in person to apply for the card can you actually leave Canada again or do you have to stay there till you go and collect it in person from the office.

Regards,
Siha :)

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
22-10-2010

rhetorisch said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance
Appointment is not required! I simply walked in to the Toronto CIC Office and submitted pics for the PR card! But they did ask how I came to know there is a problem as I had not received the red letter by then. Told them I called up CIC helpline to find out!

Good Luck!

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008

Sihs said:
Thank you rhetorisch for the detailed info, you have cleared so many ambiguties to me.
I am not sure about the appointment issue, but since you said the officer said there is no problem I would think it's ok.
Can I also ask you if after you go in person to apply for the card can you actually leave Canada again or do you have to stay there till you go and collect it in person from the office.

Regards,
Siha :)
Nothing of that sort was told to me Sihs. I shall be going there for a few days no only to hand in my photograph. If ther eis again a problem with e card and they tell me after 6 weeks as they did on the previous ocassion, I would need to get ANOTHER PRTD which would be a bloody pain in the ass.! Where in the UK are you based, if I may ask? Send me a private message if you dont wish to say that here

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008

xyrus said:
Appointment is not required! I simply walked in to the Toronto CIC Office and submitted pics for the PR card! But they did ask how I came to know there is a problem as I had not received the red letter by then. Told them I called up CIC helpline to find out!

Good Luck!
It would be lovely if no appointment is necessary. The red letter says "Please being this letter and your photo to your appointment", which gave me an impression that you need an appointment, but if you didnt need any, then thats fabulous! How many weeks later did you get your card made?
Thanks in advance

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
Ya I walked in without an appointment and without the red letter n I was taken care of! This was on Jan 26th and received the card on Feb 28th!

Good Luck!

New Ontarian

Apr 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

rhetorisch said:
It would be lovely if no appointment is necessary. The red letter says "Please being this letter and your photo to your appointment", which gave me an impression that you need an appointment, but if you didnt need any, then thats fabulous! How many weeks later did you get your card made?
Thanks in advance
No appointment required... Go early though... The PR card will be sent in 4-6 weeks... If you are going to St. Claire centre, there is a photo studio near by who knows the specs very well and even got a transparant paper that he puts over the photo to confirm dimensions... He charges 15$... I would say let him take the photo rather that running the risk of not meeting the specs again!!!

Good luck

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
Friends,

I am in similar situation.

My wife received this letter, though we were not in Canada.

The letter specifically asked her to visit Vancouver within 180 days. Now, the 180 days have passed and we have still not moved to Canada.

Did we go wrong? what's the remedy/fix.

Can we visit Toronto office instead of Vancouver office to fix this mistake. I currently live in Chicago and Toronto is drivable...

New Ontarian

Apr 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aanbaan said:
Friends..

The letter specifically asked her to visit Vancouver within 180 days. Now, the 180 days have passed and we have still not moved to Canada.
The letter dosnt specify what would be the consequences of not attending within the 180 days window.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

New Ontarian said:
The letter dosnt specify what would be the consequences of not attending within the 180 days window.
It means you have to apply for a new PR card and pay the fee.