-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
Hello seniors,

This forum is a great help in all of my stages.
Now my que is:
1. Shall I do the delivery of my first child in canada?
As we will get some benefits like my child would hold citizenshio from birth.
Ither benefits I don't know.
But. Would be little worried as no relatives or friends are there in canada. ( my wife's mother will accompany us)

2. Or should do in our home country and add tge baby in our nomination and pr.

But will have to do lots of document work to add baby in our file.

Please seniors' s views are most welcome.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ultimately this will have to be up to you.

A couple of points that will help you make up your mind:

Having the baby at home and adding to your application will make it easier on your wife who is in the arms of her family and is dealing with health professionals that speak her mother language in case it's not English

However, it will be extra paperwork to fill out, it will take time and in case your visas were already issued, the visa office may not be very happy with you and in case, which of course we all hope is not the case, but in case the baby has a medical problem, the baby might not pass medicals and that means you would get rejected too.

Having the baby in Canada, you must consider that some provinces have a waiting time for health care so if you go to BC, Ontario or NB, you would have to wait for 2-3 months before you get your health care. In Quebec, you would have a waiting period too but they make exceptions for childbirth. Other provinces tend to cover newcomers right away.

However, in case you are planning to do a short landing and have the baby and then leave again, you need to worry about the health care eligibility requirements which are in most of them 6 months a year. If you get coverage, have a baby and then leave and do not spend 6 months in that province, they could later say that you were never eligible in the first place and retroactively cancel your coverage and make you pay the money back.

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
Leon said:
Ultimately this will have to be up to you.

A couple of points that will help you make up your mind:

Having the baby at home and adding to your application will make it easier on your wife who is in the arms of her family and is dealing with health professionals that speak her mother language in case it's not English

However, it will be extra paperwork to fill out, it will take time and in case your visas were already issued, the visa office may not be very happy with you and in case, which of course we all hope is not the case, but in case the baby has a medical problem, the baby might not pass medicals and that means you would get rejected too.

Having the baby in Canada, you must consider that some provinces have a waiting time for health care so if you go to BC, Ontario or NB, you would have to wait for 2-3 months before you get your health care. In Quebec, you would have a waiting period too but they make exceptions for childbirth. Other provinces tend to cover newcomers right away.

However, in case you are planning to do a short landing and have the baby and then leave again, you need to worry about the health care eligibility requirements which are in most of them 6 months a year. If you get coverage, have a baby and then leave and do not spend 6 months in that province, they could later say that you were never eligible in the first place and retroactively cancel your coverage and make you pay the money back.
Hello Leon.
Thanks for your response and time!

We are planning to go to Sasketchwan. What about their health care policies?
I am the main applicant. What are the ways to bring my wife's parents with us?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your wife's parents can only come to Canada as visitors at this time.

They can apply for a regular visitor visa. Or they can apply for a super visa if they wish to come to Canada for an extended stay (provided you and your wife are already in Canada, working, and make enough money to meet the low income cut off).

To be approved, her parents will have to demonstrate that they have strong ties and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
scylla said:
Your wife's parents can only come to Canada as visitors at this time.

They can apply for a regular visitor visa. Or they can apply for a super visa if they wish to come to Canada for an extended stay (provided you and your wife are already in Canada, working, and make enough money to meet the low income cut off).

To be approved, her parents will have to demonstrate that they have strong ties and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.
Ohh Thanks Scylla !!!

What are the chances of getting Super Visa / Visiting Visa?
My in-laws have their business in India.
I think they can apply for visiting visa but for super visa it require time . Right?

arunap1984

Aug 7, 2014
Hi friends,
I and my wife are in Canada as PR for past one year. Now my wife is pregnant and she want to go back home for delivery.
i have some confusion regarding PR status for newborn.

1. If delivery is in India, is it hard to get PR for child.

2. how long it will take to get PR for child.

please advise

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would definitely advise against going home for delivery.

If the delivery is in India, you will have to sponsor the baby for PR.

In order to do this, you have to be in Canada yourself.

Since the baby doesn't have Canadian PR, the baby needs a visa in order to enter Canada. However, there is no guarantee that the embassy will give you a visa for the baby which means your wife would be stuck in India with the baby until the PR comes through.

Sponsoring the baby for PR can take months.

arunap1984

Aug 7, 2014
Thank you Leon for you advise ..
MY next option is to bring someone from India for 6 months. I am planning to bring Mother in law with visit visa.

I heard visit visa has risk of rejection than super visa. Mother in law can stay only 6 months as she is working in India.

1. Is there anything to be worried about taking visit visa.

2. is tenant agreement mandatory with the application.

please advise

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arunap1984 said:
Thank you Leon for you advise ..
MY next option is to bring someone from India for 6 months. I am planning to bring Mother in law with visit visa.

I heard visit visa has risk of rejection than super visa. Mother in law can stay only 6 months as she is working in India.

1. Is there anything to be worried about taking visit visa.

2. is tenant agreement mandatory with the application.

please advise
You can increase your mother in law chances of getting a visit visa by doing the following:

1. She should prove that she is employed in India and is taking a leave of 6 months only to help with the baby. Get her employer to write a letter stating this.

2. You write her a letter of invitation stating that you promise to take care of her expenses while she is in Canada and make sure she returns home after the 6 months are up. Show bank statements and last 3 pay slips to prove that you can do this.

3. If she has her own funds for the trip, it wouldn't hurt that she can show her own bank statements too.

I am not sure what you mean by tenant agreement?

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
I strongly recommend you to allow the delivery in Canada.

Canada citizenship will help a lot in the future to your baby, he/she can decide how to use it in The future

PR paperwork it's a nightmare so one more reason to avoid it.

My wife delivery our first baby here, we never considering to have him abroad. We have only a few friends here so can be hard but it's the best option in my opinion.

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
hi guys,

your help will be appreciated.

if parents are pr in canada but living outside of canada, how feasible is it to deliver baby in canada ? like arranging housing/rent for 6 months etc if you dont have any family.
i will be travelling from abu dhabi and max i guess you are allowed to travel is until 7 months of pregnancy. is that right?

and obviously if a doc in canada is not seeing you for the first 7 months of your pregnancy, will they take your case for delivery etc?

any body with similar experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
smk_ujs said:
if parents are pr in canada but living outside of canada, how feasible is it to deliver baby in canada ? like arranging housing/rent for 6 months etc if you dont have any family.
i will be travelling from abu dhabi and max i guess you are allowed to travel is until 7 months of pregnancy. is that right?

and obviously if a doc in canada is not seeing you for the first 7 months of your pregnancy, will they take your case for delivery etc?
It's certainly feasible - but keep the following things in mind. You'll have a three month waiting period when you return to Canada before you will be covered under the health care system. So if you want the birth to be covered and don't want to pay for it out of your own pocket, you need to arrive more than three months before giving birth. Also, if you leave Canada immediately or soon after giving birth, there's a good chance the province will come after you for the costs of delivery since it will be clear you used the system just to pay for these expenses. To avoid this issue, you should remain in Canada with the child for six months after giving birth.

So if you want the birth to be covered by Canada, you should expect to have to spend about a year in Canada to avoid issues.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
smk_ujs said:
any experience with private health care delivery in canada?
I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean paying it out of your own pocket - I would make sure you have $10K in funds available - although the costs could be substantially higher in the event there are any complications with the birth. You can reduce the costs substantially if you give birth at home with the help of a midwife. But again, if there are any complications and the deliver has to take place at a hospital - expect to pay quite a bit.

There are some private insurance policies that cover some of the costs of child birth - they must be purchased before an individual is even pregnant.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not certain that they would have to wait 3 months for health care. Many provinces have first day health care for new PR's as well as returning residents. I once asked AB health on behalf of a couple that did a quick landing in Ontario and then left back home and wanted to settle in AB upon coming back and AB health said that in that case, they never settled in Ontario because they were there for a short time so they would consider them as newcomers and give them first day healthcare.

So basically it depends on how long and where they stayed in Canada after their landing as well as the rules of the healthcare in the province they are going to stay in for the birth of the baby.