+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delivering baby in US/Canada & belonging list.

ovsaha

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Mr. Cohen,

I'm in a big dilemma. We just got our landing papers, we have 6 months to be present in Canada -- by end of Feb '11. Problem is we are expecting a new baby by end of October (in about 1 1/2 months). I have few questions regarding this issue:-

1- If we deliver baby in US, how can we add the new baby so the entire family can immigrate together. After delivering we will have 4 months left to enter Canada before our visa expires.

2- Is it possible to deliver in US and take baby as a US Citizen and then apply for baby while being on PR in Canada or do we have to wait till we become Canadian Citizens to apply for the baby? Meanwhile we are waiting to be citizens will the baby have to go back and forth from US to Canada on visit visa?

3-Due to arrival of new baby do we have to reply for entire family with new application/fees and start from scratch again?

4- Apart from delivering -- where can I get guidance regarding making a list of belongings that we will be bring with us or afterwards? Into how much detail do I have to explain about electronics, apparel, kitchen items, toys, hygiene items and furniture.

Will appreciate your response to these questions.
Thankyou.

P.S. Anyone who had experience this before is also welcome to reply :)

ovsaha

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
....... We have decided to deliver our baby in US. Does anyone know what do we do now? how can we file for our new born baby for PR? Will it effect our landing in Canada? Can we take our baby with us to Canada without landing papers as US citizen?

I know there is someone out there you has been in similar situations or knows the answer. Please help us we don't have enough time and I certainly do not want to pay hefty attorney price when the answer is simple and easy.

The legal counselor that filed our case has blown us away few times after they got their fees.

So please anyone that can help us...... We will definitely appreciate it........

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ovsaha said:
....... We have decided to deliver our baby in US. Does anyone know what do we do now? how can we file for our new born baby for PR? Will it effect our landing in Canada? Can we take our baby with us to Canada without landing papers as US citizen?

I know there is someone out there you has been in similar situations or knows the answer. Please help us we don't have enough time and I certainly do not want to pay hefty attorney price when the answer is simple and easy.

The legal counselor that filed our case has blown us away few times after they got their fees.

So please anyone that can help us...... We will definitely appreciate it........
Read the information that came with your COPR. It states that you have to inform the processing visa office if there is any change in family composition. You will have to inform the visa office that you are pregnant and the expected due date and then wait for instructions.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not land after the baby is born without adding the baby to your file. If you do that, you will be guilty of misrepresentation and will not be able to sponsor the baby for PR.

You have 2 options:

1. Land now before the baby is born, then go back to the US, have the baby and when you are ready to move, go to Canada with the baby and sponsor it for PR once you all get to Canada.

2. Tell the visa office that you have a baby due, be ready with the added paperwork to add the baby to your application, send it in when the baby is born and wait for them to issue you all new PR visas.

ovsaha

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After going through all the possible scenerios, we have decided to deliver in US and then add newborn to the case.

At present we will be notifing the Baffalo office (that's our visa office) and then when the baby is born we will be sending out her birth certificate, passport and photos.

If you do not mind have few more questions -- hope somebody can help us with them.

1- I do not want our representatives to file the papers for the baby - can we file on our own. If we can how do I remove our representative from our case?

2-what necessary papers will I need to file for the baby? Any advice on this....?

I read alot of replies on this forum and learned alot. I just want to clear one more thing -- I and my family have to send our COPR and passport (with new photo phictures) back to Buffalo office once the baby is born with all of the baby documents and then we all can get new landing visa ...... right? Do you know how much longer the wait can be?

I really appreciate everyone's help here.It has really helped ease my mind :). I called my representative earlier this week and they had no idea what to do. They said they never had to deal with adding a new born in 15 yrs of their practice -- (go figure.... :eek:!!), If they have never done it how can I trust them with my case. YOU GUYS are AWESOME!!!!! Thanx a million!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ovsaha said:
After going through all the possible scenerios, we have decided to deliver in US and then add newborn to the case.

At present we will be notifing the Baffalo office (that's our visa office) and then when the baby is born we will be sending out her birth certificate, passport and photos.

If you do not mind have few more questions -- hope somebody can help us with them.

1- I do not want our representatives to file the papers for the baby - can we file on our own. If we can how do I remove our representative from our case?

2-what necessary papers will I need to file for the baby? Any advice on this....?

I read alot of replies on this forum and learned alot. I just want to clear one more thing -- I and my family have to send our COPR and passport (with new photo phictures) back to Buffalo office once the baby is born with all of the baby documents and then we all can get new landing visa ...... right? Do you know how much longer the wait can be?

I really appreciate everyone's help here.It has really helped ease my mind :). I called my representative earlier this week and they had no idea what to do. They said they never had to deal with adding a new born in 15 yrs of their practice -- (go figure.... :eek:!!), If they have never done it how can I trust them with my case. YOU GUYS are AWESOME!!!!! Thanx a million!!
1. U do not need to cancel the agent of yours & still file all the docs yourself. However, if u must, u can Withdraw the Use of Representative thru the Form IMM 5476.

2. For adding the baby into your PR file u'll need the following:
A) Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
B) Fee Payment Form – FSW [IMM 5620]
C) A cover letter - addressing the issue
D) Copies of baby's Pp, Birth Cert & Pics (CIC sized)

3. Yes, u'll have to send the Pps+COPR back, so that a new set of the same is issued for the entire family.

Qorax