+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delhi office asking for my wife's passport again

slckrboi

Aug 4, 2011
Hello everybody,

My wife received the mail requesting her to send her Passport to Canadian Embassy in Delhi on around June 20. Medical results were already sent to them by the DMP. I am also approved as the sponsor. So anyways, she sent her passport right away through courier service and it was received by the embassy on June 23. We expected that she would get her passport back with "valued" Canadian Visa stamped on it within 4-6 weeks. Everything was going smooth and easy.

Then, this thing happened. On July 14 my wife received another mail from them asking for her passport again and in that letter they also told her that if they don't receive the passport by August 25, they will cancel her immigration application. So she panicked and sent them the copy of the previous letter that they sent her along with a letter letting them know that she has already sent them her passport and also provided the tracking number of the previous courier. Now it's been around 3 weeks since this last correspondence and the Visa office hasn't got back to her. We are really concerned as to what might have happened. We are gonna be in great trouble if they somehow lost her passport.

Can anyone let me know what might have happened and what we should do next?

Thank you!

N

niceboy2011

please join the following the new delhi forum in family class sponsership

slckrboi said:
Hello everybody,

My wife received the mail requesting her to send her Passport to Canadian Embassy in Delhi on around June 20. Medical results were already sent to them by the DMP. I am also approved as the sponsor. So anyways, she sent her passport right away through courier service and it was received by the embassy on June 23. We expected that she would get her passport back with "valued" Canadian Visa stamped on it within 4-6 weeks. Everything was going smooth and easy.

Then, this thing happened. On July 14 my wife received another mail from them asking for her passport again and in that letter they also told her that if they don't receive the passport by August 25, they will cancel her immigration application. So she panicked and sent them the copy of the previous letter that they sent her along with a letter letting them know that she has already sent them her passport and also provided the tracking number of the previous courier. Now it's been around 3 weeks since this last correspondence and the Visa office hasn't got back to her. We are really concerned as to what might have happened. We are gonna be in great trouble if they somehow lost her passport.

Can anyone let me know what might have happened and what we should do next?

Thank you!

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
Honestly, I can't say for certain, no one can. However,this has been an on going problem for many lately. My guess is that there is an issue with backlogs and so they haven't opened some mails yet thus think they haven't received your ppt. They claim it can take up to a month to put a ppt with a file, plus it's busy time for visa because of student and tourist trying to travel. What you did was correct to send the copy and a letter attesting you already sent it and sent them proof of the mailing (ie: tracking number). They dont always respond in cases like this, and there is no guarantee when you will get your ppt back. ND is one office that under normal circumstance ask for the ppt at the beginning of the process even before processing has begun. Send them an e-mail or fax inquiry asking about the ppt now, and specifically stating you expect your file NOT to be closed as you have complied with their request. Keep a copy of the proof you sent this, so that if there are further problems , you have a record of all your correspondence.

Best of luck and as suggested join the Delhi thread for 2010. It's actually a meeting place for everyone despite when you applied. You will find lots of help there.

dashingboy9000

Jul 20, 2011
Hi,
I agree with nylalisa's suggestion. You have sent them an email,I would highly recommend sending them fax as well. Write a letter stating the time line, when your wife received the letter, when you sent the passport and when it was received. Write about when the second letter came asking for passport and your response to it. Attach the letters you received from CIC-ND, attach proof that passport was sent in time and it was received.

Not sure where your wife lives if possible visit CIC-ND OR if you know someone trust worthy, relation etc. write a letter of authorization in which you clearly allow this person to collect on your behalf. This may or may not work. The system at the CIC-ND is changed, now you need to fill a form and they "may" answer your questions if its an "emergency" or will tell you that a response will be give via email within 10 days. The definition of emergency is not unknown. Earlier, between 11-12 they would ask to fill the form and the officer will help with the queries.