Approved as Sponsor: Mid Nov. 2018
Medical: December 2018
Additional documents requested/submitted: Jan. 2019
BC: started around Jan. 2019
Procedural Fairness Letter: End of Feb. 2019
Appeal letter send/uploaded: Mid Mar. 2019
PPR Request / COPR: Beginning of May 2019
Now waiting to get PP back from VO

Documents submitted: Photos/Social Media, Internet Bills, Lease [with both names], Flight tickets, Shared expenses [Expense Manager app], Visa [You have to provide whatever proof you could gather.]

My partner and I have been living together for 4.5 years/no gap, no kids. Our application was straight-forward and we processed the application by ourselves. We received a procedural fairness letter and had to provide them more proofs of our shared expenses, beneficiaries & joint bank account statements, shared decision-making and my partner's intent to relocate to Canada.

While preparing our response to the procedural fairness letter I found that I also made errors on my background/Schedule A form. I sent them right away my corrections, even before sending them our response to the Procedural Fairness Letter. In the beginning we were thinking to getting a lawyer to write our response to the procedural fairness letter but had to find out that this would be far to expensive for us. We decided to write the appeal by ourselves.

We explained them that our relationship is genuine and that we have supported each other emotionally and financially for the whole duration of our relationship. Since we pay most things in cash we did not have much of a paper trail besides our exports from our expense manager apps. The only evidences we couldn't provide were joint bank account and beneficiary statements like a life insurance. We explained them why we don't have these things since they do not make economical and logistical sense for us.

They never gave any reminders nor returned our application. So basically, the IO was very considerate.

I am waiting for my PP and COPR confirmation letter. I submitted my PP through VFS Global [Vietnam] because I am currently based here.

If anyone here is undergoing the same application pathway and would need some help, feel free to ask and I'd be happy to share tips

Good luck!

Best regards...
Good stuff, thx for sharing;) I feel like a rookie reading your post hehehehe. I'm also sponsoring my Filipina partner as common law and we have been living together in the PH's since 2015 and we have a daughter that was born in 2015 in the PH's, she is also a Canadian citizen now. We just got AOR on May 25th. I've also sent a pretty straight forward application... I'm ready for the bumpy road ahead;) Could I ask you when you re-submitted your background/Schedule A form, did you change the date beside the signature or you kept the original date? I'm also re-sending the same form as you because of a few mistakes. My date was originally 2019-03-04, should I leave it that way and send through webform? or I should change the date to reflect the day my PA signed her signature again?

Thx man...

FilCanCouple

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Good stuff, thx for sharing;) I feel like a rookie reading your post hehehehe. I'm also sponsoring my Filipina partner as common law and we have been living together in the PH's since 2015 and we have a daughter that was born in 2015 in the PH's, she is also a Canadian citizen now. We just got AOR on May 25th. I've also sent a pretty straight forward application... I'm ready for the bumpy road ahead;) Could I ask you when you re-submitted your background/Schedule A form, did you change the date beside the signature or you kept the original date? I'm also re-sending the same form as you because of a few mistakes. My date was originally 2019-03-04, should I leave it that way and send through webform? or I should change the date to reflect the day my PA signed her signature again?

Thx man...
Hello, I re-submitted my updated Schedule A through Manila immigration email. I signed it with the recent date. I also included a cover letter indicating my errors and corrections. It was just an honest mistake and negligence of my part.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Reactions: StephanH

FilCanCouple

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017

Thx man...
Btw always include your UIC and application number in every correspondence you submit to them. Good luck!