+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delays in application

Amalthur

Aug 25, 2021
I have an application for a work permit under global skills strategy, applied through IRCC applied from outside Canada, for more than two months medical is done biometric is done, once my immigration consultant contacted IRCC through webform they replied application is in queue for review, unfortunately due to Covid 19 , IRCC processing times and the response to client enquires has been significantly impacted. this is due to ..............covid ......etc, I can't understand i have commitment with my employer to start work there in Canada ASAP , I have resigned from my job here withdrawn my kids from the schools! the academic year is above to start, they are not attending calls, replying to emails with generic replies, I don't know what to do more very desperate about the situation, this have affected my whole family my children everyday asking me what we will do with the schools , I am lost and very frustrated. we are all vaccinated , Covid is almost under control cannot see a reason for delays anymore

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have an application for a work permit under global skills strategy, applied through IRCC applied from outside Canada, for more than two months medical is done biometric is done, once my immigration consultant contacted IRCC through webform they replied application is in queue for review, unfortunately due to Covid 19 , IRCC processing times and the response to client enquires has been significantly impacted. this is due to ..............covid ......etc, I can't understand i have commitment with my employer to start work there in Canada ASAP , I have resigned from my job here withdrawn my kids from the schools! the academic year is above to start, they are not attending calls, replying to emails with generic replies, I don't know what to do more very desperate about the situation, this have affected my whole family my children everyday asking me what we will do with the schools , I am lost and very frustrated. we are all vaccinated , Covid is almost under control cannot see a reason for delays anymore
- I would recommend you join discussions in the Foreign Workers section of the forum. This is where you'll find the bulk of threads on work permits through GSS where people are sharing timelines.
- Generally there's really nothing you can do but wait for the work permit processing to be completed. There's no way to expedite.
- GSS work permit processing times were varied even pre-COVID. Sometimes processing was completed in a few weeks and sometimes processing took months. You are right in thinking that COVID challenges should generally no longer be a factor. What is a factor is that IRCC is now dealing with an application backlog as a result of slower processing during COVID.
- If you could go back in time (which I know you can't), I would say don't quit your job and don't pull your kids from school until you have an approved work permit in hand. Approval is not guaranteed.

Anyway - head over to the Foreign Workers section of the forum and look for the GSS threads there. Good luck and hope you have an answer soon.

Amalthur

Aug 25, 2021
Thank you for your reply, I understand that Covid is the reason for a backlog , however in my opinion there is always priorities.
in regards to going back through time, yes you are right but Canada is well known as a friendly immigrant and encouraging people with high skills to come, this where I was encouraged to do the step, in anycase i will wait until a response will come, i am already in the process, it is only the grey response that it is sent that keeping me in the dark not knowing what to do

Amalthur

Aug 25, 2021
my children have applied under me as principal applicant, so they are linked to my application, the ages are 15 and 10 years old, so the applications for kids will be student permit first after approval of mine so all will have to submit passport for visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my children have applied under me as principal applicant, so they are linked to my application, the ages are 15 and 10 years old, so the applications for kids will be student permit first after approval of mine so all will have to submit passport for visa
So they have applied for study permits under your application. Good.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply, I understand that Covid is the reason for a backlog , however in my opinion there is always priorities.
in regards to going back through time, yes you are right but Canada is well known as a friendly immigrant and encouraging people with high skills to come, this where I was encouraged to do the step, in anycase i will wait until a response will come, i am already in the process, it is only the grey response that it is sent that keeping me in the dark not knowing what to do
Are you applying from India? If so the offices were essentially closed until August which is another factor. Processing times are always estimates and never a guarantee. If you don’t think you are being prioritized I would check out how long people have been waiting for general WPs, family sponsorship, study permits, etc. You are still getting fast processing. Sending tons of emails just delays applications because effort has to go towards responses.

Amalthur

Aug 25, 2021
Are you applying from India? If so the offices were essentially closed until August which is another factor. Processing times are always estimates and never a guarantee. If you don’t think you are being prioritized I would check out how long people have been waiting for general WPs, family sponsorship, study permits, etc. You are still getting fast processing. Sending tons of emails just delays applications because effort has to go towards responses.
Hi Dude, not a problem at all ! I appreciate their efforts they are great guys! god bless all