+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delaying Landing with BOWP (2 entries into Canada after CoPR in short time)

stphfau

Apr 8, 2019
Is it possible to enter Canada with my BOWP (bridging open work permit) after receiving CoPR and delaying the landing? Or is it required to complete the landing at the first entry into Canada?

I have a trip currently booked in October, and my best friend is getting married in November in England.
Ideally, I would like to:
- Use my BOWP during the October trip and not complete the landing, as I wouldn't receive the PR card in time for the November trip
- Enter during November and complete my landing then

My CoPR would not expire until March 2020, so there would be no risk there. I will not have time to apply for PR travel documents during the November trip, which sounds like a lot of work.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You cannot of course travel with a BOWP as that is not a travel document it just gives you a reason to be in Canada so assume you are both visa exempt and still have a valid ETA to enable boarding a flight back to Canada.

Others can comment as well but see no reason as long as your ETA is still valid why there should be any issue with your travel plan. People do the same the other way around, travel UK to Canada return still as a visitor and then travel again before their COPR expires. You might need to explain to CBSA if they see your status on their system but only if asked but doubt will be any issue.

Last edited: