+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delaying landing due to pregnancy

Erwaitin

Mar 24, 2017
Hello all!

I just wanted to share my experience.

We (my wife and myself) applied to the Express Entry on September, we received our invitation in September too and we sent the paperwork in October. Also in October, my wife got pregnant! Best news!

Everything went fine with our application and we received our PPR in January. We would need to land in Canada before April the 22nd due to our medicals expiring, and we could not update our medicals because my wife is pregnant.

We had the option of doing the landing in April without the baby and then we will need to use Canadian Family program to ask for a PR for the baby.

Instead we asked our VO if we could delay the process until the baby is gone, they asked us for a copy of our passports, a letter saying that we will wait and a letter from our doctor saying when the baby will be born.

Now everything is super simple so we don't need to land for now, we will get the CoPR after sending the details for the baby after is born.

I hope it helps.

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hello all!

We (my wife and myself) applied to the Express Entry on September, we received our invitation in September too and we sent the paperwork in October. Also in October, my wife got pregnant! Best news!

Everything went fine with our application and we received our PPR in January. We would need to land in Canada before April the 22nd due to our medicals expiring, and we could not update our medicals because my wife is pregnant.

We had the option of doing the landing in April without the baby and then we will need to use Canadian Family program to ask for a PR for the baby.

Instead we asked our VO if we could delay the process until the baby is gone, they asked us for a copy of our passports, a letter saying that we will wait and a letter from our doctor saying when the baby will be born.

Now everything is super simple so we don't need to land for now, we will get the CoPR after sending the details for the baby after is born.

I hope it helps.
Any particular reason for delaying landing as otherwise baby would have got Canadian citizenship if it is born in Canada?

Erwaitin

Mar 24, 2017
Well, we wanted to give birth in our country of origin, so the baby would not have gotten the Canadian citizenship, and that would have forced us to go through the paperwork when we are really moving to Canada (around Christmas this year)

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello all!

I hope it helps.
If the baby is born out side of Canada and PR applicants have not landed in Canada, Do we need to apply for PR for baby? How much does it cost?