+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delaying citizenship application due to Immigration checks

Summer2018

Jun 9, 2018
Hi
I am looking for some advice.
I got Immigration to Canada as a spousal sponsorship which ended up a spousal breakdown. He used to threat me deporting from Canada and did complaint of misrepresentation to Immigration authorities. The immigration officer made a decision after all of the inquiries that I am good to keep permanent resident status and she dismissed the complaint.
I applied for grant of citizenship in May 2017. My application was received on May 8, 2017 and they started processing it in July 2017. No update until now. I passed the normal processing time limit.
I asked MP office for inquiries assistance on my application and got to know that my immigration status is still in process.
If anybody can help me where to appeal now to get this process done will be appropriated

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hi
I got Immigration to Canada as a spousal sponsorship which ended up a spousal breakdown. He used to threat me deporting from Canada and did complaint of misrepresentation to Immigration authorities. The immigration officer made a decision after all of the inquiries that I am good to keep permanent resident status and she dismissed the complaint.
I applied for grant of citizenship in May 2017. My application was received on May 8, 2017 and they started processing it in July 2017. No update until now. I passed the normal processing time limit.
I asked MP office for inquiries assistance on my application and got to know that my immigration status is still in process.
If anybody can help me where to appeal now to get this process done will be appropriated
"I asked MP office for inquiries assistance on my application and got to know that my immigration status is still in process"
---------------------------

I think it is time to consult an Immigration LAWYER (not consultant). That lawyer will look into your file and know exactly what's there and determine appropriate course of action. To say your Immigration status is still "in process" when you are already permanent resident could mean they are still reviewing some of your ex-husband's "misrepresentation" allegation. Unless you meant your citizenship application is still in process.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
Some applications take longer than the posted processing time, especially when there have been previous issues like the situation with your ex. There really isn't anything you can do to make it be processed faster. As your MP's office said, it is in process. Request GCMS notes to see processing details.