+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delaying application is back again?

whiz

Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Have you noticed that after the temporary heydays of speeding up with citizenship application is coming to an end? Have anybody noticed that processing application is becoming slower and slower by time?

Any thoughts? ::)

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
This is very true in Mississauga... not sure about other local offices...

My best guess is that the Cons are getting some messages from the polls indicating that the very vast majority of new Canadian citizens will vote for Liberals... maybe that is why they are slowing things down again....

whiz said:
Guys,

Have you noticed that after the temporary heydays of speeding up with citizenship application is coming to an end? Have anybody noticed that processing application is becoming slower and slower by time?

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
whiz said:
Guys,

May be due to the EMail AOR process applications are also came back to the queue. Since June several applications went with this new email AOR process and were in deadlock until Dec. Most of them came into process after December pushing the other applications to the back.

Still I don't think there is any big change in speed. I believe it is all depends on the officer and case. There are quite a few applications being completed faster as below.

andyhuhero said:
i finally received the test invitation letter on Friday

Here is timeline again:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 2, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 2, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 14, 2014.

AOR (discover canada) via post received on 12th Dec

Test invitation received: Feb 6th

Test date: March 3rd

Test location: Vancouver

whiz

Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I CERTAINLY won't vote for the cons, not in 1000 years. It was very obvious the harm they caused to the entire system. Because of few bad apples, every immigrant is now considered a liar and a cheater, and they treat you that way. I keep hearing horror stories from people who already applied for citizenship. It's really ugly. Can't wait for the cons to step down on October. Fingers crossed!

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
This is exactly the messages cons are getting from pollsters... and it looks like things are getting worse for the cons as the polls suggested that some immigrants are asking their family members who are already Canadian citizens to vote liberals so they can bring back fair and timely application processing

Maybe immigrants should avoid revealing their votes to pollsters if they want to see better processing...

whiz said:
I CERTAINLY won't vote for the cons, not in 1000 years. It was very obvious the harm they caused to the entire system. Because of few bad apples, every immigrant is now considered a liar and a cheater, and they treat you that way. I keep hearing horror stories from people who already applied for citizenship. It's really ugly. Can't wait for the cons to step down on October. Fingers crossed!