+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed Study Permit!!!!!

MRT8391

Jul 31, 2023
Hi everyone,
I was submitted my 3rd attempt of study permit on April 2023 but it’s still processing until now.
My school will open on September ‘23 and I must be in Canada before 1st Sep to be eligible for PGWP, according to the IRCC new rules.
Therefore I want to defe to next term so that I will have more time to prepare either my study permit is approved or refused.

Please help me to clarify these matters.
1) Can I submit new LOA to IRCC during my visa processing?
2) Will this affect my PGWP?

Thank you!

Bin00

Aug 1, 2023
Hi everyone,
I was submitted my 3rd attempt of study permit on April 2023 but it’s still processing until now.
My school will open on September ‘23 and I must be in Canada before 1st Sep to be eligible for PGWP, according to the IRCC new rules.
Therefore I want to defe to next term so that I will have more time to prepare either my study permit is approved or refused.

Please help me to clarify these matters.
1) Can I submit new LOA to IRCC during my visa processing?
2) Will this affect my PGWP?

Thank you!
same situation here. could you share the new IRCC new rule re PGWP? It seems I haven't come across it. thanks

Bin00

Aug 1, 2023
thanks dear. I'm a bit unclear if the following requirement(from the link you sent) is just for your school or generic IRCC rule.
"To be eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP), you must be in Canada for the complete duration of your studies after Sept 1, 2023 and..."

This requirement isn't explicitly mentioned on the IRCC page. One closest to this is written as follows (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/eligibility.html).

"....have maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program ..."

are these two supposed to mean the same?

MRT8391

Jul 31, 2023
I’m a bit confused too
Until now I cannot find exact same statement at IRCC website.
I need to check back with my school.