+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed SIN number after landing as PR

Bebekoh26

Jul 5, 2018
Hello guys. I landed as PR last April 4 in Calgary. I was supposed to get my SIN number the same day but there was a long line up so i decided to just get it in Red deer the next day.. When i went to Service Canada, the agent said that he couldnt give me a number yet and that i have to wait which could be weeks to a month.Then i filled up a form and he said he will have to mail it..Has anyone experienced this? Some people are getting it the same day they landed. Its kind of frustrating because i want to start working so bad but i couldnt because i dont have a SIN yet.. Does anybody know a way or know who to call to expedite it? Thanks in advance.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello guys. I landed as PR last April 4 in Calgary. I was supposed to get my SIN number the same day but there was a long line up so i decided to just get it in Red deer the next day.. When i went to Service Canada, the agent said that he couldnt give me a number yet and that i have to wait which could be weeks to a month.Then i filled up a form and he said he will have to mail it..Has anyone experienced this? Some people are getting it the same day they landed. Its kind of frustrating because i want to start working so bad but i couldnt because i dont have a SIN yet.. Does anybody know a way or know who to call to expedite it? Thanks in advance.
We got our SIN the very next day at a Services Canada office. I have heard of the odd occasion where for some reason the landing didn't appear on the Services Canada computer system and that person's SIN took two weeks, but that seems pretty rare. No idea how you might speed it p other than walking into a different Services Canada office and trying again.

Kirn

Dec 1, 2019
Plz can u tell how long u received ur sin