+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed PR application

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

I submitted my PR application (EE, from US) in March 2020. Since then, apart from biometrics I have not received any other updates from CIC either about my eligibility or validity of documents. I sent them a web form asking about the application's progress and was replied with a generic message that everything is delayed due to COVID. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, and how long should we expect it to take in the current situation?

Thanks.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi everyone,

I submitted my PR application (EE, from US) in March 2020. Since then, apart from biometrics I have not received any other updates from CIC either about my eligibility or validity of documents. I sent them a web form asking about the application's progress and was replied with a generic message that everything is delayed due to COVID. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, and how long should we expect it to take in the current situation?

Thanks.
not sure if you are aware. There’s a global pandemic. Non-essential international travel is not allowed. Borders are closed. Everyone else is in the same boat. Very few applicants outside of Canada are issued COPR. Essential and frontline workers seem to be a priority. Also, IRCC is operating on a reduced personnel capacity.

I hope that helps

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
It's delayed for everyone, we have been waiting since Sep, Oct, Nov last year without any news. You can order GCMS note instead of webform to know more about your application