+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

delayed nearly a week for visitor visa? very confusing

Marcw687

Jan 10, 2016
hi everyone, my country is china, i am using a representative from canada to apply for visitor visa.

the processing time is supposed to be 12 days for china
he sent the application online on april 21, by tomorrow it will be 18 days with no response.

1. i asked CIC whats going on, they say they have no clue, the information should be at the chinese office. also my representative should know which office
2. i asked my representative he says he has no clue which office it went to, cic selects which office, thats a cic internal process
3. i emailed all the 4 offices in china, they say they have no clue, my material should be at CIC

everyone is contradicting each other, nobody knows anything about my application. is this normal for canadian visa process? what should i do?

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Yes very normal. One week in this process is not long sadly.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Normal. Processing can sometimes take months. Nothing you can do but wait.

Marcw687

Jan 10, 2016
months to apply for a 30 day visit? thats insane. by that time we probably would've forgotten about this already. i'm talking about my girlfriend's application by the way. i think canada is really incompetent. i gave her false hope by saying it will take 12 days (like stated on their website), now this wait is really stressing her out and damaging our relationship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Marcw687 said:
months to apply for a 30 day visit? thats insane. by that time we probably would've forgotten about this already. i'm talking about my girlfriend's application by the way. i think canada is really incompetent. i gave her false hope by saying it will take 12 days (like stated on their website), now this wait is really stressing her out and damaging our relationship.
The posted processing times are unfortunately just estimates.

howru

Feb 12, 2014
u call it estimates Scylla?? I applied for visitor visa for my parents on March 25th and till date no progress. At least we deserve to know what's the issue, sometimes it feels as if it is a black box.....

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
howru said:
u call it estimates Scylla?? I applied for visitor visa for my parents on March 25th and till date no progress. At least we deserve to know what's the issue, sometimes it feels as if it is a black box.....
It's not Scylla who calls the processing time as *estimates*..... any processing time posted on the CIC website is just that: estimates. Or in other words, average time to process TRV applications

And, depending on the documentation/ purpose of visit/ individual situation, the actual processing time could be different.

From the CIC website:
How are processing times calculated?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) calculates processing times from the day CIC receives an application to the day it makes a decision on the application.

When estimating how long you will wait to receive a temporary visa, you must also take into account up to 10 days of transit or delivery time on top of CIC’s processing time. The time your application will spend travelling to and from CIC will vary depending on where you live.

AND, another:
If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?

No. The processing times only show the time it took to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during some time in the past. Processing times in the future may be different. We show processing times to give you a general idea of how long a process takes.

Like Scylla wrote, it is possible that sometimes processing can take months.... if CIC/visa office requires any information from third party sources (ranging from banks, police, immigration offices of another country, etc)

Since January 1, 2016..... CIC is able to move TRV application processing from the nearest visa office in the country of residence to any other visa office in its global network

Danijordan

Mar 28, 2016
I think the processing time greatly depends on which Country passport you hold aside from other criteria they use.
I have applied for TRV over two months ago but nothing has changed while the program which I was expected to attend has already began this week.
If it were family visit you may postpone,once secure visa lately. If it is an official event you can't.
How do I expect postive result once my program has already began ?

howru

Feb 12, 2014
Bryanna said:
It's not Scylla who calls the processing time as *estimates*..... any processing time posted on the CIC website is just that: estimates. Or in other words, average time to process TRV applications

And, depending on the documentation/ purpose of visit/ individual situation, the actual processing time could be different.

From the CIC website:
How are processing times calculated?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) calculates processing times from the day CIC receives an application to the day it makes a decision on the application.

When estimating how long you will wait to receive a temporary visa, you must also take into account up to 10 days of transit or delivery time on top of CIC’s processing time. The time your application will spend travelling to and from CIC will vary depending on where you live.

AND, another:
If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?

No. The processing times only show the time it took to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during some time in the past. Processing times in the future may be different. We show processing times to give you a general idea of how long a process takes.

Like Scylla wrote, it is possible that sometimes processing can take months.... if CIC/visa office requires any information from third party sources (ranging from banks, police, immigration offices of another country, etc)

Since January 1, 2016..... CIC is able to move TRV application processing from the nearest visa office in the country of residence to any other visa office in its global network
Dont take me wrong Bryanna, i was just mentioning my case, i know you senior members keep guiding us and that keeps our hopes afloat. No worries, thanks for your inputs.