+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed Medical Results from Paris

mbandegirl

Jul 26, 2011
Hi everyone, just looking for advice. My husband is in Cameroon, and our visa processing office is in Dakar, Senegal. We were finally emailed by the VO after almost 16 months, requesting another medical as well as his passport etc. We sent everything that they requested in, and he completed his medical on March 20th 2013. So its been 7 weeks since his medical. We emailed the office in Dakar and they responded saying that they are waiting on his medical results from Paris in order to finalize the application. I have a few questions:

1. Why were the results sent to Paris instead of straight to Dakar?
2. Should we contact Paris to try and expedite the sending of his medical results to Dakar?
3. Has anyone else experienced something similar? How did you deal with it?

Thanks so much.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Medical results don't go to individual visa offices, they go to one of 8 Regional Medical Offices. The RMO processes the results, then sends the answer to the individual visa office, Dakar for you guys.

They only give addresses and fax numbers for the RMO's, see here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-01.asp. Don't make the mistake of calling or emailing the Paris visa office; they are completely separate from the Paris RMO.

Good luck!

mbandegirl

Jul 26, 2011
Ok, thanks for the information. I get it now. Do you suggest we fax the Paris RMO? Do you know if anyone has tried that before?