+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed Medical Exam

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018
Hi! I'm from the Philippines. I know it should only be in the duration of 30 days after getting the instructions that you should do and pass your medical exam. But what if, because of COVID i didnt get an appointment during the said duration? how will i inform the IRCC about it? i got booked already though, but it's the day after the deadline. should i be concerned?

I REALLY NEED ANSWERS RIGHT NOW because i have no more idea on what to do.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi! I'm from the Philippines. I know it should only be in the duration of 30 days after getting the instructions that you should do and pass your medical exam. But what if, because of COVID i didnt get an appointment during the said duration? how will i inform the IRCC about it? i got booked already though, but it's the day after the deadline. should i be concerned?

I REALLY NEED ANSWERS RIGHT NOW because i have no more idea on what to do.
Deep breath, IRCC knows meds are delayed in many countries due to covid. It is very unlikely they will enforce this deadline and quite possibly won't even check that the meds have been submitted until later anyway.

To soothe your mind and dot you i's just in case, a good idea to send a webform just noting that covid delays in PH and you have an appointment for [date.]

That's it, you'll be fine. Don't expect a substantive response to the webform - that doesn't mean there's a problem.

Reactions: CanadianCitizen314

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018
Deep breath, IRCC knows meds are delayed in many countries due to covid. It is very unlikely they will enforce this deadline and quite possibly won't even check that the meds have been submitted until later anyway.

To soothe your mind and dot you i's just in case, a good idea to send a webform just noting that covid delays in PH and you have an appointment for [date.]

That's it, you'll be fine. Don't expect a substantive response to the webform - that doesn't mean there's a problem.

THANKY YOU! THANK YOU! that helps a lot.

anyway, just to be really sure here, you're saying (this webform) i can just reply to the email that sent me the medical instructions that i have already booked a medical exam appointment but it's just later because of covid? or am i missing something?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
THANKY YOU! THANK YOU! that helps a lot.

anyway, just to be really sure here, you're saying (this webform) i can just reply to the email that sent me the medical instructions that i have already booked a medical exam appointment but it's just later because of covid? or am i missing something?
Yes, although a webform is done on the web, not by email.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

I may be mistaken but I thought the medical instructions come from an email address DO NOT REPLY.

This means: do not reply to that email. (Funny how that works). They won't read it, and probably won't receive it.

You use webform in part to have a record that you advised them.

And yes: content of the webform message is just that you could not get a medical date before [date] due to covid.

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018
Yes, although a webform is done on the web, not by email.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

I may be mistaken but I thought the medical instructions come from an email address DO NOT REPLY.

This means: do not reply to that email. (Funny how that works). They won't read it, and probably won't receive it.

You use webform in part to have a record that you advised them.

And yes: content of the webform message is just that you could not get a medical date before [date] due to covid.
Thank you again. Nothing concerns me anymore now but my husband's skepticism about it. I hope there's anyone who can prove to me now that it is okay to get to pass a medical examination late.