+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed applications of October

way4infinity

Jan 5, 2011
Canada, Ontario
Visa Office......
Windsor
Naturalca,
Did you mention in your second application that it is a replica for the first one? Did you pay a new fee, or you simply attached the old receipt?
What do you think it might happen if they find the old application?
I am in the same boat, and I have started considering submitting a new application.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naturalca,
Did you mention in your second application that it is a replica for the first one? Did you pay a new fee, or you simply attached the old receipt?
I am in the same boat, and I have started considering submitting a new application.
It's not a replica. I used the old receipt. If they did find the old one, I have to inform them to ignore the old one. Reapply only buys you insurance. If yours is received after Oct 16 I would suggest you wait.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Naturalca,
It's not a replica. I used the old receipt. If they did find the old one, I have to inform them to ignore the old one. Reapply only buys you insurance. If yours is received after Oct 16 I would suggest you wait.
Someone whose application was received on Oct 13 received AOR on Dec 5th. so a small correction would be changing the date to Oct 13 in your above post.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-applications-after-bill-c-6.503102/page-201#post-6559059

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
It's honestly pretty unfair, they don't give a flying f about who applied first, they just go at them randomly

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
It's honestly pretty unfair, they don't give a flying f about who applied first, they just go at them randomly
Do you expect Officers who work faster than others to stop working in order for the slower workers to catch up? Applications are opened in order of receipt but there's to be some deviation for sure.
If they were to start sending AORs to December applicants before November applicants then THAT would be unfair but deviations of a week or two aren't a big deal.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
They are sending AORs to October 30th applicants, so November ones are right around the corner and people who sent on the 11th are still waiting for their AOR. I don't suggest we level from the bottom but rather from the top. There shouldn't be a couple of officers slowing down the whole process imo

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
They are sending AORs to October 30th applicants, so November ones are right around the corner and people who sent on the 11th are still waiting for their AOR. I don't suggest we level from the bottom but rather from the top. There shouldn't be a couple of officers slowing down the whole process imo
i understand your pain. but without knowing what sort of validations they are doing, its difficult to blame the process. maybe the application goes through some checks in the system, some of which delay some applications but not the others. C6 has definitely stressed their processes no doubt.

arash1718

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Hey guys,
Sorry for the late response, I was busy with work this week.
I finally received AOR early this week.
The funny thing is that they answered my two case specific inquiries that I made two weeks ago, one before and one after AOR. Both of them said we have no record of your application... So if you are using that and it says "we have no record..." do not panic. I don't even know why it's there, it's useless.

By the way, I was very carful with putting my information in the form, so I don't think there was any issue with that.

Reactions: robw

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey guys,
Sorry for the late response, I was busy with work this week.
I finally received AOR early this week.
The funny thing is that they answered my two case specific inquiries that I made two weeks ago, one before and one after AOR. Both of them said we have no record of your application... So if you are using that and it says "we have no record..." do not panic. I don't even know why it's there, it's useless.

By the way, I was very carful with putting my information in the form, so I don't think there was any issue with that.
Congrats. You're not on the sheet. Can you share your timeline ?

ID
Physical Presence Days
App. Sent
App. Delivered
AOR
In Process

ANSAL

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Id- ANSAL