+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed Applications - Citizenship test taken outside Canada

Neyomaa

Apr 1, 2021
Hi, I am in the same boat of writing my citizenship test outside of Canada. I have a question pls, I have ordered GCMS notes twice now but they always come back with a generic message of “We are working on processing applications” with no further information. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Please How do you order the notes where it shows you detailed information on the process of your application or what do you request for? Thank you!

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I just wrote "I would like to request officers' notes for my --insert application type-- application."
You can add the application number and your personal information, but usually you enter it elsewhere in the form.

For CBSA I requested my travel history and any files and information related to my application. They included a shorter version of what is normally in GCMS notes.

Reactions: Neyomaa

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
I read this whole forum, one question came in my mind, if someone has moved permanently outside Canada right after getting AOR and after that when received Citizenship test dates window just visit Canada for 2-3 days and give test and leave again (in this way Citizenship test will count inside Canada) and when you receive oath letter just visit Canada again for few days for oath ceremony? Hence people will not face long delays? Will this work or not?

mopjedopje101

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
I read this whole forum, one question came in my mind, if someone has moved permanently outside Canada right after getting AOR and after that when received Citizenship test dates window just visit Canada for 2-3 days and give test and leave again (in this way Citizenship test will count inside Canada) and when you receive oath letter just visit Canada again for few days for oath ceremony? Hence people will not face long delays? Will this work or not?
it’s all a gamble game ! You never know what the officer will be checking; perhaps in my case, I did not return for the test. I took the test outisde … and I did not encounter any delays in my application . It took me 6 month from AOR to oath together .

on the other hand…
I had a friend who return just for the test and now still waiting for oath it’s been more than a 7 months since he did the test . So yeah it’s a gamble. Remember they can see anyway if you were outside and that you just return or not everything is recorded.

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
it’s all a gamble game ! You never know what the officer will be checking; perhaps in my case, I did not return for the test. I took the test outisde … and I did not encounter any delays in my application . It took me 6 month from AOR to oath together .

on the other hand…
I had a friend who return just for the test and now still waiting for oath it’s been more than a 7 months since he did the test . So yeah it’s a gamble. Remember they can see anyway if you were outside and that you just return or not everything is recorded.
Ya but if you can easily travel like 2-3 hours flight, I believe one should just come for few days for test and oath separately and go back in order to just avoid Online test.

I have one more question, after the online oath ceremony do we get original citizenship certificate same day? and if same day, do we must have to get our first Canadian passport from Canada? or we can also apply from US by just taking citizenship certificate with us and leave US and apply passport from there?

mopjedopje101

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
yeah but the point … being outiside not necessarily cause delays. Even if you return they can see you were outside and that u just return for the test.

The online certificate comes in 2 -3 days anfter the oath online . If is in person you get it same day but u have to wait 2 days before applying for a passport . and yep u can apply from a passport abroad .

eee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Hi, I am in the same boat of writing my citizenship test outside of Canada. I have a question pls, I have ordered GCMS notes twice now but they always come back with a generic message of “We are working on processing applications” with no further information. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Please How do you order the notes where it shows you detailed information on the process of your application or what do you request for? Thank you!
When did you take test and completed ?
whats your processing office ?

Mine: test taken outside canada and completed on Sep28th. Scarbrough office
waiting for LPP

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019

on the other hand…
When you say you took test outside. Did you communicate it to the ircc?? Or no. as everything is being recorder as you said.

Andrea1199

Dec 8, 2022
I received an invitation for an in-person interview, but I am currently not in Canada (I also took the test outside of Canada).

Does anyone know if I can ask to change the format of the interview from in-person to online?